Chapter Five

Betty sat on the edge of her bed, sighing. Later that her and Jughead went to pops for dinner. Betty had been strangely quite lately.
"Hey, Betty, are you ok?" Jughead ask worriedly.
"My dad died and it's my fault." She said looking down. Jughead was shocked by the news. "What?"
"My dad and I, we were driving. We got into an argument. He turned his head to look at me, and a huge truck came in-front of us. But because he was looking at me, he didn't see it. So the truck hit us. And he died. I was fine. And that's why my mother threw me out." She said with her voice cracking.
"And you know why we are arguing? Because I had to go to a family dinner, but I wanted to hang out with my friend Kevin. But my dad said I had to go to this dinner, I got so mad and that's when we started arguing. And then he his life flashed before my eyes."
"Betty, why are you telling me this?" "Because you deserve to know. You've been great to me." Jughead shakes his head. "Sure, I've been really nice. But that doesn't give me an invitation to your personal life."
"Please, don't tell anyone, Jug." "I would never do that. Don't worry."

Later back the Whyte Whyrm, Jughead entered the back room where Betty was staying.
"So, Uh, listen. You be been living in a bedroom in the back of a bar, and know that we know each other better, do you wanna come stay at my trailer? It's small. But it's better then this." Jughead says to Betty. Betty smiles. "Wait, what? You'd be ok with that?" Jughead smiles and nods. "Yeah. It's fine with me." "Well.. spring break ends tomorrow. So I'll be back at school. I wish I could go to Southside high, but I can't." She says. "Yeah, I know. I wish we could go to the same school. But I prefer if you go to school
on the north side. It's safer." Jughead says. Betty nods and smiles, feeling special that Jughead cares about her.

That Monday, the day Betty would return to school, she got ready. She arrived at Riverdale High. She kept her head down and went straight to her locker.
"Betty." She turned around and Archie was there.
"Hi.." she mumbles. "Betty please tell me what's going on, I know your mom kicked you out. Everyone knows. I just wanna know why-" Betty stops him from talking. "Wait, what'd do you mean everyone knows?" "It's Riverdale, Betty. Everything gets around so quickly." "But I didn't tell anyone besides you and Jughead." "I told some people.."
Betty scoffs. "Some friend you are." "Betty, I am sorry. But come live with me! Not in a bedroom in the back of a bar." "Actually I'm not living there anymore."
"Then... where are you living?" "In Jughead's trailer." Archie turned red of jealousy.
The bell rang. "Bye, Archie." Betty walked away.