Three.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Mitsuki asked, closing the door behind Izuku.

"Like I said, I'd like to talk."

Mitsuki cocked a brow. "Fine. Come sit."

As they took a seat on the couch, Izuku sighed. What was he doing there? Did he really think he could change this woman's mind so easily?

"So... you're here to talk. Go ahead."

"Look, miss. I understand what you're going through... my mom was upset too..." He averted his gaze. "But I eventually convinced her to accept me, and I really was hoping I could do something similar for Bakugo."

"Keep talking." Mitsuki said.

"It's just- he didn't choose this. I think he'd much rather have made you happy if he could've. It's sad, I know. Having a kid with so much going for them and then... it seems like everything was wasted. Doesn't it?"

Mitsuki nodded. "I guess so."

"Well, what I'm saying is, he is still the kid you raised, and he's just as capable as he was. He's exactly the same. He just," He paused. "Has a soulmate."

"Is that all?" Mitsuki said, standing back up.

There was a long awkward silence.

"He loves you, you know."

She stopped, taking a deep breath.

"All he wants is for you to love him too. Please, just try, okay?"

She smiled halfheartedly as she pulled the front door back open. "Goodbye, Izuku."

"Bye..." He whispered, walking past, his head down.

Bakugo Pov:

"Mom?"

"Oh, Katsuki... how long have you been there?"

I stared at my mother in disbelief. She was stood at the front door, in tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked, unsure why I even cared. She may have been a bitch, but she was still my mom.

"Nothing, honey." She wiped her eye with a tissue. "I'm fine."

Strange.

Later, at dinner, I tried to work up the courage to ask her why she'd been crying.

"Hey. Mom?"

"Yes?" She asked, not looking up from her plate.

I decided I shouldn't ask. But... I would need permission to hang out with Deku later in the week. That may not have been the best replacement for my original question, but I had nothing else.

"Can I, go to a friend's on Wednesday?"

Her eyes flew upward, meeting mine.

"After school?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled, stabbing a piece of food with my fork.

"With...?"

"Deku..." I looked down. "but, I get it if you don't want me to."

"Alright. Just be back before one."

"a.m.?"

"Yes."

Wow... that was easy.

.

"Kacchan, stop..." Deku whined as I placed little kisses all over his face. I couldn't help it, he was too cute.