Prom (part 1)

Kara

"Students, prom is coming up soon, so in good faith of our star football player Zed, this year zombies will be able to attend prom. Ugh! Stop moaning! Oh and you have to have a date to attend, no loners please." Principal Lee said over the intercom as Zed, Eliza, Hunter, Bonzo, and I sat down to eat lunch. Hunter turned to Eliza and asked her if she'd go with him to prom. She quickly nodded and strangled him with a hug. Bonzo then did the same but he had to walk over to Bree, thankfully he had the same outcome. I just smiled at both of the pairs and continued to eat lunch. A few minutes later someone roughly bumped into me. As I yelped in surprise the stranger turned around to face me.
"Sorry... Wow, what's a pretty little thing like you doing over here with the zombies?" He asked smoothly as I scoffed and rolled my eyes, then I turned back to the group to finish my lunch, but he had other plans. I screamed as he quickly scooped me up into his arms and started to walk away with me.
"Put me down! Who gave you the right to pick me up and walk away!?" I scolded, as he put me down, I stomped on his foot and marched back fuming.
"The nerve of some people!" I gloated as I quickly sat down to finish my lunch.
"Are you ok Kara?" Hunter asked trying to hold in his laughter, I groaned at him as my face hit the table.
"I'm sorry... Not that that was ok or anything but, it's just the way you reacted to that... It was priceless." Eliza blurted out as she started to crack up again.
"Ha ha ha, yes that was hilarious, ya done now? Woah!" I exclaimed as I slipped and fell. I look around then start laughing at myself.
"Are you ok Kara!?" Zed worried, as he offered me his hand I nodded still laughing.
"Don't worry, I'm fine. I just can't believe I slipped." I say trying to reassure him.

***

Later that night as I got on my PJs, I decided I'd sketch a potential dress for prom, not that anyone is going to ask me though. I checked if anyone was coming before I took off my wig and contacts. I let my wild long greenish blue hair run loose and my electric blue eyes take in the night sky from the window. The only thing I didn't know of, is that Zed had just walked into my room.
"Uh... Kara?" Zed questioned me as I gasped and turned around to face him.
"Surprise...?" I warily said as I put up sarcastic jazz hands.
"You look... Different... A good different! But... What? How did your hair and eyes change? Is that another power?!" He asked rapid fire.
"Yes, it's called the power of a wig and contacts..." I said sarcastically as I showed him the wig and contacts. "You can't tell anyone! Ok!?" I quickly asked as he stared with awe at my newish changes.
"Ok, I will. But I have a few questions... Why do you hide the real you under... that. I mean I personally like you better this way."
"I used to not wear any of that, that is until I was hurt because I didn't look like anyone else." I explained remembering how beaten I looked after school the first day it happened.
"I will never let anyone even touch you. Kara, you look amazing either way, but you look like you're confident, more so now then with these on." He said as he held up the things that hide my true self.
"Thank you, I don't think you know how much that means to me." I say as I hug him tight. He lowers himself so his mouth is right next to my ear and asks me, in a husky voice, the question I've been waiting to hear all day.
"Kara, will you make me the happiest man in the world and...."