The Grand Capital, Kysora

One Month Later | November 24, Year 110

13:45

My journey to Kysora had neared its end. I treated my injuries as much as possible with the first aid kit I packed and traveled the rest of the distance. As I passed through the hills, I could see the enormous city. Its walls were in the middle of reconstruction; as it continued its expansion along the coast. I watched workers gathered around the neighboring lands as they marked off plots for construction. When I neared the city, the air grew fuller, carried by the ocean's breeze.

I approached the heavily armored sentries that guarded the city gates – my eyes fixed on their imposing steel swords. They inspected the passing citizens, making sure they weren't carrying any contraband or anything that would be remotely suspicious. A guard stood in front of a small woman in a green hood carrying a little basket, his stature towering over hers. He smirked at the woman, and I could only assume the man said something outrageous since the lady started to shout at him. The guards surrounded the woman and demanded her belongings, pulling her away from her basket.

I moved closer to the gates, close enough to watch the guards harassing the woman. I was stuck thinking that; I needed to help, but doing so would result in my death. Thinking won't help her, so I put on a mask that covered my mouth and pulled over my hood.

"Hey, lay off her," I said.

The guards turned their attention in my direction, and the one who started the situation spoke, "This is none of your business, tough guy. I suggest you go on ahead before we slice your head off." His hand was on top of his sword's hilt, ready to strike. The other guards continued taking the woman's items.

I stepped forward without a thought and drew my sword. I took a deep breath and charged at the guard; the hilt of my sword knocked the wind out of him. He fell to the floor, gasping for air as I hit him unconscious with a heavy kick into his jaw. My previous wounds were stifling my movements. It was proving necessary to finish healing up at a clinic or hospital after this battle.

The other guards let go of the woman and began their charge toward me. I needed to move quickly to avoid all of their attacks at once. An axe headed for my legs, and I jumped up and kicked the man wielding it. Two of them attempted with their swords, but I backed away from them, making them clash blades, allowing me to kick one into the other. The last one stayed away with his bow aimed at me; he shot an arrow toward my face. I quickly used my sword to deflect it and threw a rock at the guard, knocking him out. Now that the woman had escaped with her belongings, I ran into the city.

I walked through the city, holding my reopened injuries. They caused me to wince with pain, so finding a hospital became my top priority. I was incredibly worried about permanent damage or bleeding out if that was the case.

After removing my mask and pulling off my hood, I spoke to someone along the road, "Excuse me, would you happen to know where I could find a hospital or a clinic," I asked, holding my side.

A teenage-looking boy answered, "It's just around the corner; it's to the right of a big sign that reads 'Tafflegar's Forge,"

I thanked the boy and followed the brick-laid road until I turned the corner. The city felt quiet, as many just wandered the streets in rags and avoided conversation; the only activity was the noises of children playing. Merchants traveled in their wagons full of goods; they wore a vibrant green with hints of purple compared to the gray rags worn by ordinary people. Guards could be seen almost anywhere in the city, always watching the people. The air of fear was everywhere I looked.

"What was going on in this city?" I thought to myself, "It seems like racial treatment isn't the only issue within the country."

I stood outside the clinic, observing the most modernized building I had seen. As I opened the door, I felt pain spreading from my side to the rest of my body. I couldn't bear to move any longer, my legs gave out, and I fell to the ground. It was like reaching the end of the trip caused my body to finally give out. Shortly after, a doctor put me on a gurney, and I closed my eyes to rest up.