A Rather Charming New Development

I spent all of Sunday morning assessing my feelings for Jake. Were they just platonic? Were they more than that? Were they just flashbacks to how I used to feel? Of course, none of this helped me. Jake and I texted for an hour before I told him I had to start my homework. It had been about an hour of doing homework when I got a call from Lily. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Abby!" she exclaimed quite enthusiastically. I smiled. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing. Just finishing up some history homework. What about you?"

"Well, I've been doing nothing, and I thought maybe you'd want to go hang out at the mall. But, if you're doing your homework-," I cut her off.

"No, it's alright. That sounds great. I'll meet you there at one?"

"I'll be there!" There was a muffled sound of a door opening and a male voice speaking in the background of the phone. "Okay, got to go, bye!" Before I even had the chance to start saying something, she hung up. I can't remotely imagine what was going on in her head.

Lily's POV:

I hung up the phone and turned to smile at my brother. He looked even more frightened than if I would've been mad.

"Um... I was wondering if-" I cut him off.

"First of all, don't barge into my room, please. Second, change into something at least half-decent. We're going to the mall." He was confused and exasperated, but I held my finger up to signal that this wasn't a debate. My brother has been kinda scared of me since he was five. My little three-year-old self yelled at him until he cried. He walked out of my room frowning.

I couldn't be bothered by that. My plan was working out perfectly. Now, all I needed was a little help from Scarlet.

Abby's POV:

I walked through the mall doors, and the smells of the food court consumed me instantly. I thought the outfit I had changed into was pretty cute.

I was a little early, so I didn't think Lily would be here

I was a little early, so I didn't think Lily would be here. I decided to make my way past the food court and walk around a little until she got here. I made my way past the food court and decided to stop at a kiosk with colorful headbands. The woman said I could try one on, so I decide on one that matched the colors in my flannel. As I examined myself in the mirror, I was attack-hugged from behind by who I assumed was Lily.

"Hey, Lil," I laughed. I turned around when she released me to find that she was not alone. Her older brother, who just so happened to be Jake's best friend, was also here. His mouth was hanging open slightly, but I couldn't figure out why he was looking like that at me. "Um, h-hey, Liam." What? A stutter? Why the hell am I stuttering? He shook his head as if to wake himself from a trance.

"Oh, uh, hey, hi." He let out a nervous chuckle. His eyes drifted from the headband to my converse as he scratched the back of his neck. I took this opportunity to look at what he was wearing.