Just Like Old Times, Right?

At about 11:30, my phone went off. I grabbed it and read the contact name before answering. Jake. Great.

"Hello?" I answered.

"So when am I picking you up?"

"What?"

"I said, when am I-"

"No, no, I heard you." I shook my head. "I meant, why are you picking me up?"

"You said you'd do something with me today, remember? I know your memory can't be that bad." I tried to come up with an excuse.

"No, I said we would finish the project today, and we finished it already."

"No, you agreed to do something with me on the first day of school. Then, you said we would use that meeting as a time to finish the project unless we finished it before then. Now, we're back to plan A." I let out a long sigh.

"Where are we going?" I knew he was trying to be quiet, but I could hear the almost-silent "Yes!"

"Be ready for 1:30. Wear jeans and tennis shoes, and bring a sweatshirt." He then proceeded to hang up the call without giving me any other information about our activity. I let out a groan and got up to get ready. Then it was 1:30, and Jake is already in front of my house. I rolled my eyes as I made my way over to his truck and got in. "Oh, come on, Violet! We're gonna have some fun; at least act like you want to do this." I gave him a look, and he laughed.

"Where are we even going?" He smirked but kept looking ahead as he drove.

"You'll see." I groaned before looking out the window. The next thing I knew, Jake was pulling up to the ice skating rink. Visions of the past danced across my mind, but I hadn't been ice skating in years. Specifically, three years.

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head. Jake rolled his eyes before he came over to my side of the car. He opened the door for me and waited. "I'm not going ice skating."

"Violet, get out of the truck." I shook my head. Jake reached across and unbuckled my seatbelt. I still refused to budge. "Violet, seriously, do not make me carry you in there."

"Like you could." I was still convinced that I was way to heavy for even an athlete to carry, but, obviously, Jake didn't think so. He grabbed me by my waist, threw me over his shoulder, and closed the door. "Jake! You can't carry me!" He was walking to the door now.

"I already am." I sighed.

"Fine, I'll walk."

"No, I actually like this."

"Jacob Fletcher put me down!" He ignored me as he walked into the place with my butt in full view.

"Two, please." I heard the small chuckle of the lady as she got Jake's change.

"Have your hands full?"

"Always."

"Um, excuse me?" I objected from behind. "You just told me you LIKED this!"

"Thank you," Jake said to the lady, ignoring me while he received his change. I hid my face in my hands so the lady couldn't see me. Jake carried me past all these people to the side of the rink to get our skates. Finally, he set me down. "Go sit over there, and don't even think about trying to leave." I rolled my eyes and obeyed my orders. I saw Jake talking to the guy that gave him the skates. At one point, he looked back at me, pointed, and smiled as he commented. I gave a small wave even though I didn't have the slightest idea what Jake was saying. Eventually, he came over and gave me my skates, which, oddly enough, were a perfect size.