Part 3: Homeroom

7:58 AM:  Apgujeong High School (압구정 고등학교) – Homeroom

Shun sighed and rested his cheek in his palm, his eyes shifted to the other side of the room, to a spot that was darkened by the shadow of a withered pot of flowers. "Akiko Sayaka" he whispered in his head. He closed his eyes as her face became clearer and clearer.

Her eyes were the reflection of falling, coloured leaves, in calm sunset waters. Her cheeks, a dusky pink. Her hair, a warm autumn brown. Ironically, she was born in autumn. Even more so, that was the same season she took her life. Shun remembered, to when her smile was the beam of the sun's rays. He also remembered her smiling face slowly disappearing into an unpredictable, emotionless face.

He frowned, wondering what went wrong. He'd always believed he was the one who thought long and hard about things. He'd always envied that everyone around him lived the luxury of obliviously indulging themselves in life.

Her end was the beginning of his never-ending days...

8:00 AM

Sensei strolled into the classroom (late as usual) and Shun's wonder was once again cut off. For a moment, Sensei stared at the empty void that was across the room from Shun. He sighed and took his seat behind his desk. '所がない.' he whispered. 

_______________________________________________

Notes:

'所がない.'or Shōganai roughly means 'It cannot be helped.' in English. It is a Japanese word used to accept one's fate. It's kinda like saying 'Never mind' or 'It doesn't matter'.

I've only ever seen this in anime (it may be that this is carried out in real life), but when a student of a class commits suicide/dies (or leaves?), a flower pot is placed at their desk the next morning. 

Also for those who are unaware, family names (or surnames/last names) in Japan are said before a person's actual name. So take the name 'John Adams', in a 'Japanese format' it would become 'Adams John'. 

A 'Sensei' is a teacher. (You should know that.)

_______________________________________________

Once again, thank you!

_The_Advocate_