chapter 9

“What?” I say somewhat impolitely as soon as I answer the phone, knowing it’s Harry on the other end. I was just about to stuff a sushi roll in my mouth until he rudely interrupted my blissful moment.

“Why’d you leave without waking me up? Like, you just left without even a goodbye. What was that about?” He asks, sounding like he’s trying his hardest to keep his cool.

I shrug. “I don’t stay the night.”

“What do you mean? It was completely innocent.” He says bewilderment apparent in his tone.

I sigh. “I do not stay the night.” I repeat more slowly. “As in, I do not sleep in a random guy’s bed.”

“Ouch. I’m some random guy now?”

“Oh my God, Harry.” I mutter noticeably. “Why’d you call?”

“To tell you I’m mad that you left me—in bed, alone.” He starts still slightly exasperated. “And I need help in the Psych essay Professor Green assigned for us on Friday.”

“I still don’t see why you called me.”

“Just get your aśs here, Alex.” He requests impatiently. “I told you I’m gonna need your help, literally a second after he announced it.”

“Well, to be quite honest, sometimes I intentionally zone out when you talk to me. It’s nothing personal, really.” I say trying to sound as convincing as possible.

“Alexandria,” He says his voice suddenly dangerously low. “Get the fuçk over here, right now, before I come over and literally do something that’ll make you regret being so smart with me.”

I gulp, knowing what he’s referring to, suddenly feeling immensely turned on by his tone. My palms start sweating whilst I try my hardest to contain my composure, praying to every god out there my voice doesn’t give in on me.

“Whatever.” I tried groaning making my irritation evident, but it sounded more like I’m choking. “Text me your address and I’ll be over in like an hour.”

“An hour?! Come on, you don’t need to put that much effort into impressing me—really, you don’t even need to wear anything, literally.” He retorts cockily, I can practically see the smirk making itself evident on his face.

 “Goodbye, Harry.” I sigh; feeling like this phone call took over two millenniums. 

“See you,” He starts before quickly adding, “Hopefully naked.”

The line goes dead and I shake my head. Harry is literally a 12 year old stuck in a 20 year old’s body.

I quickly make my way into the shower, taking a shower and getting ready in no longer than 30 minutes. I check my phone to see several texts from Harry, the first with directions to his apartment, and the rest asking where I am.

Where are you? -H

Come onnnn -H

I’m failing because of u, u suck -Horny

I laugh at the joke he made while making my way out of the apartment; I lock the doors since Leah seems to be spending the night out, probably with Noel.

Catching a cab doesn’t take me longer than 3 minutes, since our apartment’s practically near everything in the Upper West Side. It takes me a while to get to Harry’s apartment due to the traffic and a random man crossing the road with around 20 dogs.