Ch. 1: At Lease Someone Cares

Ariana's POV

I got out of bed, and reached for my phone. I got a text from my boss saying that he needs me to work at 2:00 today. Of course, he forgot that I'm a student and that I have school. I texted him back saying I couldn't and well I guess he's asked me to work earlier a lot of times but I always refuse. Then he always brings up that I'm not there 3:40 on the dot and says if I do that again, I'll be fired. I told him I'll be there at 2:30 the latest. I'll try and ditch. Maybe I can write a note, no one knows I'm living on my own but Justin, Jasmine and his friends. I don't get Jasmine though, she has her own friends but she never hangs out with them, she only hangs with Justin.

I unwillingly got out of bed and went into the washroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I changed into my favourite shirt and pair shorts, then headed out the door. I had the note in my hand and grabbed my keys to lock the door.

"Hey" a voice said.

Please don't be Justin, please don't be Justin.

I turned around and saw Justin. Rolled my eyes in my head but can't actually do that or bad things are gonna happen.

"Can you guys stop bothering me?" I said quietly.

"What?" Justin spat.

"Sorry" I apologized.

"You fucking bitch" he said, grabbing the note out of my hand. "Are you serious? You wrote yourself a note?"

"Well I have no one to write it for me,"

"Excuse me" he said getting closer to me.

"Sorry" I whispered stepping back.

"What?" he spat.

"I'm sorry" I said in a normal tone.

"You better be. Don't fucking talk to me like that bitch." He said as he grabbed my arm tight. It actually hurt like hell.

I tried to hold back the pain but I made a small grunting noise as his nails began to pinch into my skin.

He let out a small chuckle as he saw my pain. He chucked the note across the street and let go of me.

I stood still and he walked away. I never see him with empathy, it's like he doesn't have that feeling or know what it is. I ran on the street and grabbed the note. I stuffed it in my bag and walked to school.

"Hi" Jasmine said with a fluctuating tone. I didn't make eye contact with her, and I wanted to ignore her but I can't. "Hi" I said nervously.

"What's wrong?" she pouted as if she cared. She just came to bother me about something. "Nothing," I said bluntly.

"Nothing? Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"So I heard... about this boy named Jai?"

"Stop"

"Stop what? You like him?"

I shook my head.

"Don't lie" she spat, pushing me to the locker.

"Fine" I said shyly.

"Oh, that's cool," she smiled. So she really just got mad at me, pushed me against the locker and when I admitted it she let me go?

I saw Jai walk by and I was hoping she wouldn't see him, but she did. "Hey Jai!" she smiled.

Shit.

"Hey?" he replied with a confused look on his face.

"I'm Jasmine by the way"

"Okay?" He said, still confused as to why she was talking to him.