Chapter 8

"Alright, you ready?" Liam asked nervously.

"Well, it's kind of now or never my friend," I told him, smiling a little. "Relax, we're going to pull this off."

"You really think so?" Liam asked.

"I know so," I replied, reassuring him. "And besides, shouldn't I be the one being nervous and not you?"

"Don't steal the moment away from me," Liam joked, smiling at me.

"Ugh let's just get this over with. It's Monday and I didn't even had a proper breakfast," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Why?" Liam asked.

"I woke up late," I finally said. "I'm glad I was able to catch the bus and be here on time."

"Oh," Liam replied.

Suddenly, a smile crosses his face. "Well, we can't do this with you having an empty stomach, can we?"

I looked at him gave him a questioning look.

"What are you trying to say Liam Anderson?"

"Well, I may or may not have brought a hamburger with me today at school," he said trying to look like he's doing a mind game or something.

I looked at him stoically for a moment and grinned.

"Give me the burger and no one gets hurt."

Liam laughed and tossed me the burger from his bag.

"Where'd you get this?" I asked.

"I stopped by this hamburger place this morning before going here," Liam replied.

I looked at him and smiled, "I owe you one."

I finished devouring my burger as soon as I can. I threw away the piece of paper that used to wrap the mouth watering burger and tossed it at the trash can.

"Ready?" I asked cheerfully.

Liam looked at me with his mouth half open, looking somewhat amazed.

"Did you just seriously took down that burger in like 15 seconds?!!" He asked, completely stunned.

"Yeah?" I asked, like it's no big deal.

"That was awesome!" Liam said in awe. "I've never seen a girl eat that fast."

"Now you see one," I said, smiling at him. "Dude I also eat like a blue whale."

"I believe you," Liam replied as he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Let's go?" I asked.

"Let's go," he said, as he intertwined our fingers together.

     We walked together through the busy hallway and spotted Abby applying make up next to her locker.

"Hey Ab," Liam said, cheerfully.

Abby looked at our direction.

"Hey," Abby replied.

"So, this is my girlfriend Jasmine," Liam said, putting his left arm around my shoulders.

I smiled.

"But you can call me Jasz," I said, extending my arms.

Abby gave Liam another look then shakes my hand.

"Nice to finally meet you," Abby said, showing coldness on her tone. "I thought you didn't exist."

"Well she did," Liam said, sensing the awkwardness. "Well we gotta go it's almost about time for advisory."