Describing a Meadow

The grass shimmered and swayed in the evening sunlight, dancing and moving as if it were alive. Birds chirruped and chirped in the trees, calling to one another, discussing the day's events. Bustling around the trees from nest to nest, tending to all day's labors. The sounds of the meadow complemented the beautiful imagery, creating a sense of inner piece and harmony.

Not far from where I stood, there was a river. Its was a turquoise-blue stream, its color like the subtle sweep of a painter's brush. Seeping and snaking past all obstacles, the crystal clear water caressed the river bed's opaque black rocks, giving them a natural gloss.

The water flowed from mini rapids that lined the foot of the mountain. The cascading waters in the rapid formed a distinct percussion. I paused as time ticked on to take a deep breath of the invigorating air. The exuberant symphony of running water against the river rocks was soothing to the ears. Pebbles whisked about in the under wash like pieces of glitter. Chords of soft light speared down at the river from above, bathing its surface in gold. The magnificence of Mother Nature left me awestruck.

The mountains stood silently in the backgrounds, exuding a mystical aura. The commanding height of the mountain was visually imposing. The volcanic rocks that formed the structure of the mountain were primarily onyx-black. The sheen black rocks gave the mountain its devilish characteristic edge.

The evening sky was a kaleidoscope of orange, violet and sapphire blue, painted with the gentle strokes by Mother Nature herself. A perfect semi-circle of the Sun, with silhouettes of the evergreen trees blemishing its radiance, waning down the hidden horizon. It was an awe inspiring sight. The arresting beauty of this landscape was beguiling.

A few moments later, darkness swamped the area. The tranquility of the chic black sky atop the meadow was unlike any ordinary serenity. I leaned my back against an enormous oak tree and closed my eyes as the breeze ruffled my hair, taking away with it all the worries. The scent of the meadow established lasting images in my mind. The yellow wildflowers smelled like a rich box of dark chocolate fudge: that was presented as a gift on Christmas Day. The sweet perfume of the green grass drifted to my nostrils as I reflected on the beauty of Nature. Needless to say, this was my paradise - my escape from reality.