I:

•Georgia's POV•

June, 1943

"I think it's ready." I heard Dr. Erskine exclaim confidently as he looked up from the microscope that he'd been attached to all afternoon. The Super-Soldier Serum had been almost ready for what seemed like a lifetime, but now it was finally, actually ready. Or at least ready to be tested.

"I think we're ready as well." I stated quite confidently, as well.

"Do you agree, Mr. Stark?" I asked Howard after I took off my goggles and set them on the table beside me. He replied with a small smile and thumbs up as he looked back at me with his goggles that reminded me of bug eyes.

"Well then, it's no good without a subject, is it?" I asked. "I can go out to the fair tomorrow night, to the recruitment office, if you'd like." I offered to both men as I looked over everything in the lab again.

"No, Georgia, you'll be much more helpful here with us then out there tomorrow night." Howard told me.

"Well you have to present the repulsors at the Modern Marvels Exhibition tomorrow night anyway, Howard." I explained with my hands on my hips. "And Dr. Erskine will be much to busy to-" I continued, but then was interrupted by Dr. Erskine.

"I agree, you and Mr. Stark can work on the finishing touches as I visit the recruitment office." Dr. Erskine told the both of us as he took off his own goggles. "I'm sure his presentation will not take the whole night."

Now, yes, a woman of my age as a scientist for the army is a bit unusual, and the comments from both men and women about this subject never seem to stop, but I couldn't care less. Instead of staying home and waiting for my husband or father or brother to go off to this horrible war, I, unmarried and properly educated in genetic science and engineering, decided to spend my time a bit more efficiently, so naturally I chose the road less traveled by members of my gender. But why should gender decide what my profession is? It shouldn't. Just go ask Agent Carter.

I met Dr. Erskine at an Engineering Conference that both I, as well as Howard Stark had attended. I'd met Howard Stark just a few years later, though, when he had just started founding Stark Industries in September of '39. I was only a few months out of college at the time, and he had heard from one of my professors that I was "the brightest girl of my class", finishing a double major in 3 years and receiving two bachelors degrees. Now, this professor had been a colleague of Howard's, and he promptly offered myself an internship at his newly founded corporation after my publication. Being close in age, we became good colleagues and friends as well.

I had joined the army 2 years after this, as well, wanting to be part of the war effort after all that happened at Pearl Harbor. And then after a disastrous run-in with Hydra, the Nazi science division, myself and Howard joined the SSR at the request of Colonel Chester Phillips. It is the "Strategic Scientific Reserve", after all. So now I'm a Scientist and Engineer for Stark Industries and the SSR, and also a First Lieutenant for the US Army.

But anyway, after Dr. Erskine, Howard and I had come to an agreement about plans for tomorrow, we all packed up our things and closed down the lab for the day.

"Hey, Georgia." I heard Howard call my name as I dialed down all the machines and cleaned up some of our work stations.

"Yes?" I replied as I turned on my heel to face him.

"After my presentation tomorrow, if you're done here, will you come by the pavilion?" He asked me in a strangely innocent kind of way.

"And why would you want that?" I asked with a smirk.

"Because I know that you'd hate to miss out on an opportunity to tell me "I told you so", if I fail." He told me with a chuckle, snapping back to his usual sarcastic and mischievous self.

"Oh, I hope you don't think me that much of an inconvenience. And besides, I'm sure you won't fail." I told him as I patted him on the shoulder, and then walked over to get my things.

"Though I have mentioned to you that I do feel that the repulsor technology isn't ready for a public demonstration, yet." I commented, not even looking at him.

"Yes, Georgia. I know." He sighed as we left the lab, along with Dr. Erskine.

Okay just a quick note, my casting for Georgia is Kate Beckinsale, mostly because she was in Pearl Harbor and also played Ava Gardner in The Aviator, which are both the perfect period for this story. So I  mostly see Georgia as Kate Beckinsale in Pearl Harbor, but with shorter hair because, correct me if I'm wrong, girls in the Army during WW2 couldnt have hair longer than the collar... but I might be a bit wrong with that I'm not 100% but yeah thanks bye