Going, Going, Gone.

"There's been an accident."

"What the hell happened?" Meredith asked as she ran into the ER with Alex after getting a phone call from a nurse in the emergency room. 

"There was an accident, Hunt is in there working right now, you need to calm down and relax.. and please do not go.." Bailey said before she was cut off by Meredith running past her. "In there." 

"Oh my god," Meredith and Alex both said as they walked in the room. 

"Dr. Grey you need to leave," Owen says.

"Wh-what happened?" She asks again. 

"Mer-" Bailey says before she is cut off. 

"Will somebody tell me what the hell happened to my husband?" She says as she looks around the room in a panic. 

"Come with me," Bailey says as she leads her out of the room and into a conference room right outside of the ER. 

"Wh-" Meredith said. 

"Derek left after his shift was over about an hour ago," Bailey said as she sat down in the chair and turned to face Meredith. "We got a call that we were getting a hit and run coming in, so Hunt and I went down to the ambulance bay to meet them. They introduced him as John Doe, and then we noticed it was Derek. We had a nurse call you while we assessed the damages. We already ruled out head trauma, but he does have some internal bleeding, we don't know anything else yet. Dr. Webber and Dr. Hunt are taking him into the OR to fix the damages and we're running tests as well." 

"I-I.. I gotta go," Meredith said. 

As soon as Meredith walked out of the conference room she saw Alex, and turned around to walk the other way. 

"Mer" Alex said. She didn't answer back. "You need to talk to me." 

She kept walking and turned into an on call room. 

Alex followed her and walked into the on call room behind her. 

"What happened?" he asked her. 

"Derek.. Derek was in an accident," Meredith said sitting on the on call room bed. 

Alex shut the door behind him in the room. 

The hours that past were a blur. Bailey came and found Meredith, and told her they were taking Derek into surgery. Alex stayed with Meredith, and would periodically go into the OR and get updates on Derek's condition. 

"How are you?" Alex asked when he walked into the on call room after checking in with the OR staff again. 

"What?" She asked. 

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" he followed up with. 

"I'm fine, the baby's fine, it's fluttering a lot. How is he?" she asked.

"Uh, good, good. They said he should be out and in the ICU in maybe an hour," he said. 

Alex wasn't a good liar, and Meredith could see right through him. 

"No. You're lying to me. Something's wrong. Alex. What's wrong?" she asked. 

"There was a minor complication, don't freak out. They got things under control. They just have to closely monitor him when he's out of surgery, that's all," he reassured her. 

"This shouldn't be happening. We're supposed to be celebrating how great our lives are right now. He shouldn't have to fight for his life because some idiot got behind a wheel drunk."