Carnival (Patrick Stump)

Patrick laughed happily. He turned to look at you and smiled.

God damn look at that cute little smile, you think.

"What ride next, y/n? The ferris wheel?" Patrick asked.

"Oh uh well I'm actually afraid of heights, but I'll go if you will," you reply.

"We don't have to. I don't want you to be scared."

"No, no. Let's go," you demand.

"Alright." Patrick leads you to the ferris wheel. Before you get on, he checks to make sure you still want to ride. You're a little nervous, but sure that it'll turn out fine.

As soon as the ride starts, you take a deep breath. Patrick notices that you're worried.

"Hey, nothing bad is going to happen. But if you feel worried or scared, just hold on to me. And even if anything does happen, at least we'll be together."

"Thank you." You feel a little sick, but knowing that Patrick is by your side makes you feel better.

"Anything for you, love," Patrick ensures.

Once you get to the top of the ferris wheel for the second time, you come to an abrupt stop.

You tremble a little. "P-Patrick? Did it break or is the ride just over?"

Patrick carefully peeks over the side of your ferris wheel car, not wanting to fall out. He turns back to you. "Well the door seemed to be stuck, so the people on the bottom climbed out." He bit his lip. "I..."

"What is it?"

"I think the ride is broke..."

You start to freak out a little bit.

"S-s-so we're just going to be up here for God only knows how long?"

"Yeah."

You try to calm your breathing, but it doesn't do much. Patrick puts his arms around you.

"Hey hey hey, it's okay. We'll be fine."

You try to calm yourself down by saying, "Well at least we have cotton candy and these two slushies to live off of. And this bear I won you."

Patrick chuckles. "Yeah. Good thing we won't be completely helpless. And excuse me, I won you the bear, miss."

"Nope. I won it from the duck and frog game. Which is weird because no one ever wins that..."

"I helped!" Patrick insists.

"All you did was yell 'Go y/n! Teach those ducks who's boss!', sir."

"Well whatever."

You lay your head on his shoulder. He kisses your head. Gosh he's so perfect, you think.

"I love you, Patrick," you say.

"I love you, too, y/n," he replies.

You sit in silence for a while until the lights on the wheel start up again and you slowly descend towards the ground.

"Sugar, we're going down swinging," Patrick sings. You laugh.

"Finally!" you cry once you reach the ground. You quickly get out of your ferris wheel car.

"I'm sorry that happened," Patrick apologises.

"Don't be. It's not your fault," you say. You take Patrick's hand.

"Alright. As long as you're okay." He takes a bite of his cotton candy. "Where to now"

"Bumper cars," you say.

"Okay."

You walk off to the bumper cars, grateful that Patrick was so comforting.

"Now prepare to get beat," you say with pride.

"What? You can't beat someone at bumper cars!" Patrick protested.

"You can now!"

You both laugh.