Dying in a Hot Tub (Remington Leith)

(A/N) @StaticMidnight
I hope you like it.

Also, who should I do next?

"Hurry up, y/n!" bff/n yells from down the hall. "We're going to be late!"

You quickly finish dressing and getting your things together. "I'm all ready to go!" you promise.

The two of you hop in the car and drive to a friend's house for a pool party. Senior year of high school just ended for you, and what better way is there to celebrate than spending the night with your friends.

You're greeted at the door by a smiling boy with died hair. You recognize he as Frank Gioia. "Hi come on in," he says. You and bff/n step into the house. "Everyone's in random places, feel free to go wherever," Frank adds.

"Thanks. Who all's here?" bff/n asks curiously.

"Hailey, Tyler, Josh, Andy, other Andy, Pete, Patrick, Joe, Gerard, other Frank, Billie, and the Kropp brothers. There's a few others coming, but they're not here yet," he answers.

Bff/n goes to talk to Hailey, leaving you alone. You look around for someone to talk to, but everyone's either drunk or talking to someone else.

You sigh and head outside to the back yard. There's a pool, hot tub, trampoline, and a basketball hoop. You go sit in the warm hot tub.

You feel something at the bottom with your foot-or rather someone.

You pull them up out of the water.

"Damn it," he says. "Why'd you do that?"

"What were you doing, Remington?!" you exclaim.

"What do you think I was doing."

"You were trying to drown yourself," you state.

He doesn't say anything.

"Please stay alive," you beg. "Please. I don't know why you want to die, but please don't."

"You hardly know me, why do you care?"

"Why should that matter? You're still a person."

He thinks for a moment. "Fine. But only on one condition."

"What's that?"

"You have to be my friend. I'm terribly lonely."

You smile. "I'd be glad to. Now come on, let's go inside."

|•|•|•|
Three Years Later
|•|•|•|

"Y/n," Remington says, "can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course."

"Three years ago on this day, I tried to kill myself. I would have succeeded, too, if you hadn't shown up. I wasn't happy that you did, but now I'm extremely grateful. You've been the best friend that I've ever had, even better than my brothers. But I've fallen in love with you and well... Will you go out with me?"

"I've felt the same way for a very long time," you say, kissing his cheek. "And yes. I will."