Mujhe Rula Diya - 2

Khushi POV

I could sense movement around me. Someone was calling out to me. Several voices. I could differentiate and recognize them all. I want to inform everyone that I am fine. However, my head feels really heavy.
What exactly happened? I tried to recall. Yes ofcourse. How could I forget?

Everyone in the family was disappointed and angry with us.

Since the time I and Arnavji walked in after marrying each other in a haste.

Well thats the story I am supposed to stick to right? For the sake of my sister. I will have to follow that rakshas' s every order from now on. Coming to terms with my reality I fluttered my eyes open. Well this is certainly not what I was expecting. My family along with Arnavjis family were surrounding the bed on which I was resting. My Amma and Jeeji were beside me. Both of my hands were now in theirs. Well this seems like Deja Vu. Not long ago somedays back when I fainted on the day of havan. Things were so different then. I sarcastically laughed in my mind recalling those days.

"Khushi are you okay?"
Jeejis worried voice was the first to reach my now conscious ears. Strangely everyone present in the room was giving me sympathetic looks. Why? What really happened? Were they not mad at me and Arnavji? Speaking of which...why is Arnavji staring at me like a hawk? Why do I see affections again in those brown eyes again? I mean did this Beast went through another of his mood swings? No...its me. I am the certifiable lunatic here. Did I hurt my head or something??

"I am fine Jeeji. But what happened? I feel so tired. It seems like I have been struck by a huge truck."
As soon as the words left my mouth I heard a familiar compassionate yet harsh voice.

"Shut Up Khushi!"
Dont fake it Mr. Raizada....I screeched mentally.

What is going on? Am I supposed to start the Wifely act from Day 1 Hour 1 itself??

Not really understanding what was going on I kept moving my eyes back and forth..between the Raizadas and ASR. However, before I could utter another word HPji walked in with a tray of fruits and juice. Arnavji quickly dashed towards him and passed the tray to Jeeji. I dont get it? Why the special treatment? I know I fainted....but they are acting as if its not me but them who committed a mistake? Devi Maiyya whats happening here?

"Payal jaldi se ye phal Khushi ko khila. Beta khale tujhe acha lagega."
(Payal quicky feed Khushi these fruits. Eat all of it you will feel good my child).
Amma said lovingly caressing my hair. With the same hand that had slapped me a while ago.

And along with it came back the horrifying memories of the hurtful looks and actions of  my maiden and Arnavjis..I mean my new family.

" Humein maaf krdo Amma...Hum...humne..aise....."
(Forgive me Amma....I...for what I...)
I said with a single tear rolling down my eyes.

However, Amma immediately interjected my apologies.
"Shhhh. Bas Khushi. Bas. Koi tujhse naaraz nahi hai samjhi. Tu to sabse achi bachhi hai meri. Tere jaisa dil to kisi ka nahin hota. Tune to khoon ke rishton se bhi badke kaam kia aaj."
(Stop crying Khushi. No one is upset because of you. You are the best child of ours. No one can have a heart like yours. Despite of being our adopted daughter you made such a huge sacrifice for us today).
She said while wiping my tears and giving me a look which screamed pride and guilt.

I turned towards my in laws. They too were portraying a look of guilt and love. The head of the Raizada family, the one who always kept them glued together stood in a corner. For the first time I saw her shoulders sagged and head bowed. A defeated stance....but why?

"Naniji humein maaf kijiye. Humne aap sab ko..."
(Forgive me Naniji. I hurt you...)
Yet again I was interrupted.

"Nahi nahi Bitiya. Maafi maang kar humein sharminda mat kijiye. Humto aapse aankh bhi nai mila paa rhe. Aap bahut hi achi hain bitiya. Bahut achi..."
(No no Bitiya. Do mot embarass me by apologizing to us. I cannot even look into your eyes. You are really good bitiya. Very good...).
With tears Naniji walked out of the room making me wonder just what happened during the time that I was unconscious.