12

chapter 6:

trigger warning(s) [mentions of]: none
tw rating: none

chapter summary:

Confessions

-

Andrew felt his body tense. Had he heard him correctly?

"What?"

"I- i, I'm in love with you." Garrett stammered looking away from Andrew.

"I need to be honest with you." Andrew started, Garrett looked back at him.

"After the one night stand,I felt ashamed. I don't know why. I felt guilty for doing something that felt right to me. I'm not against gay people, obviously. I support you and Shane and everyone else around me. But when it came to me i thought about it. What if I'm judged? What if the people i love dont accept me? What if they hate me? Oh god!" Andrew was shaking slightly, tears threatening to spill out. Overwhelmed to say the least. Garrett noticed his shaking and took Andrew's hand in attempt to calm him down. Andrew took a sharp breath and continued.

"I don't understand myself. I like you, but even the thought of liking you, scares me." Andrew intertwined his fingers with Garrett and pulled him close in a hug, almost afraid to let go.

Andrew and Garrett laid back, Andrew setting his head on Garrett's chest, listening to his heart beat. He wondered how he was staying calm. They laid there for awhile and Garrett slipped his fingers into his hair.

"You know," his voice was almost a whisper and was calm. Andrew squeezed his eyes shut.

"I know it's scary, I've been there myself. I've lost some people when I came out too. I was hurt but then I realized I'm better off without them. You have know that there are people who will accept you, you have me, and our friends. We'll be there for you no matter what."

Andrew suddenly moved and buried his face into Garrett's chest, wrapping his arms around him, squeezing tight.

"Thank you, Garrett." Andrew muffled causing Garrett to laugh.

"You're welcome Andrew."

They laid for awhile but then decided to get up as they both grew uncomfortable laying in that position. Garrett had sat up, holding Andrew's hand.

"Did you want to stay for dinner? We can order takeout." Garrett asked rubbing his thumb against Andrew's knuckle.

"Yeah I'd like that." Andrew smiled and let Garrett's hand go as he went to grab his phone from the other room.

Andrew sunk back into the couch as Garrett left, squeezing his eyes tight like before. At first he thought the one night stand with Garrett was his greatest mistake, but sitting here in the place he knew and loved, waiting for his boyfriend(?), his best friend to return to hold him, gave him a warm feeling inside. But he loved every second of it.

Andrew was glad he decided to come over. He was glad that Garrett said those things, and himself said things too. Garrett soon returned from the bedroom.

"I ordered extra cheese wontons." Garrett grinned, Andrew patted the couch for Garrett to come sit next to him. He took his hand again.

"Andrew, I don't wanna pressure you into saying it, but, I wasn't lying when I said that I loved you. I really do." Andrew just smiled at him in response. He'd hope Garrett loved him, he was his best friend, and boyfriend? He wasn't sure what they were but he'd figure that out later.