5. Seize The Day

Sweet Pea sat down and picked up the phone at Shankshaw and waited for FP to be brought out. When the guards finally brought him and slammed him in the seat across the glass, Sweets held in a gasp. FP had bruises all over his face, and from the way he was being half dragged to his seat, it was evident that he'd been hit other places.

"Sweet Pea," FP locked eyes with the man he considered his son in law, "Tell me you didn't bring Ally Cat or Bella with you. Please tell me they're still in Seaside, behind locked doors and with the Serpents that take shifts around there doing patrol."

"Bella is, she's at home, safe. I couldn't convince Cat to not come. If it was anyone else, maybe. But you and Jug? Come on," Sweets sighed into the phone, "She's never alone, and trust me, she's armed."

FP sucked on his teeth and sighed, "They're trying to scrub us out, Sweets. They've got false witnesses, and they're telling me Jug is dead and can't testify. I'm gonna be here forever without a miracle and trust me- Mrs. McCoy is trying hard to get me one of those."

Sweet Pea nodded and looked around as he kept his voice low and his words hard to understand, "Jug is alive. They're releasing him tomorrow. He's testifying, and so are Archie and Veronica."

FP sat back, and an odd mixture of relief and worry crossed over his face as he took in the news he had just received. After a moment, he nodded and leaned back toward the glass. He had the info he needed, now he could spend his hour talking about other, more pleasant things.

"How's Izzy? She still crazy?" FP asked, smiling when he saw Sweet Pea's face light up the way it would when he got the chance to talk about his little girl.

Sweet Pea sighed and nodded, "Just three days ago, she begged until she got a shrunken head to go on the shelf in her room. She's named it Jolene and likes to sing songs while she brushes its hair. She also learned the definition of live bait. I had to stop what I was doing and drive all the way back home for my lures because it upset her that I was going to torture a worm and feed it to a fish."

FP chuckled, and his eyes lit up when Sweet Pea showed him a picture of her holding a fish on a line while crying, "She made me throw every single fish we caught back. I had to wait until she wasn't looking to put some that I caught into a cooler because I promised Ally I'd be bringing something home for her to use with dinner."

The rest of the hour passed quickly, and Sweet Pea frowned as he saw the guards drag FP roughly toward the door to his cell block. As he stood up, a guard smirked knowingly at him and whispered, "What Hiram wants, Hiram gets, snake," as he led him out of the visiting area and back to the parking lot.

Sweet Pea immediately got on his bike and high tailed it to Riverdale General and sighed in relief when he saw that Betty's car was still there. He walked in and made his way to Jughead's room, not relaxing until he walked in and saw Allyson sitting in a chair by the bed, laughing as Jughead finished telling a story he clearly had to be present at the beginning to understand.

The room fell into a comfortable silence as Pea made his was over to Ally. She stood, he sat down and then gently pulled her into his lap and he whispered, "I went to see FP. It's bad. I'm telling Zeke and Abby to close the shop for a week, take a gun and get Bella out of town."