Chapter One

Chapter One

Nico adjusted his hold on Carly Heather di Angelo. He turned to his best friend, Charles Ely and took a bag. Charles was a young adult at the age of twenty. He was tall, slim with jet black hair and warm brown eyes. On top of that, he was also the Uncle and god parent of Carly. Also, Charles was a descendent of Hermes, meaning he could see all the things Nico could without thinking he was a complete weirdo.

“Well, this is it,” Nico said and Charles shook his head.

“Nope, it's just a couple of doors until you get out of the house,” his friend said. Most of his metaphors though, didn't make any sense. Nico raised an eyebrow and Charles sighed in exasperation, “We'll see each other again soon. Dude, get with the program!” Charles said seriously, then laughed. Nico laughed too and he felt a tugging at the collar of his shirt.

“Daddy, put me down!” Carly said, her lips in a pout and her eyes all big and innocent. Nico nodded and put her down. Charles laughed.

“Dude, your whipped and that's your daughter!” Charles laughed and Nico glared at him.

“Shut up,” Nico hissed and Charles tried to stop laughing and coughed a little bit to make it look like he wasn't laughing anymore. Nico shook his head and took his carry on, his duffel bag, the bag of Carly's stuff and Carly took the small shoulder bag. Charles helped him pick up the stuff, then stepped back and watched him like he was waiting for the stuff to fall. When it didn't, Charles smiled and nodded.

“See ya,” he said and walked around the car to the driver's side.

Nico nodded, “See ya,” he called as Charles drove away. He turned and looked at the hill, he concentrated and saw that the whole camp was there, including some of the Romans. He looked down at his daughter and smiled, “Come on.” Carly giggled and started to skip up the hill. When she got to the tree, she smiled at the people and turned to look at Nico.

When he got there, Jason, Percy and Frank took the bags from Nico and Hazel nearly knocked him over when she hugged him.

“You didn't call enough!” She yelled and stepped back, her arms crossed. Nico chuckled nervously. Hazel's expression softened. “I was worried about you.” She whispered and Nico pulled his sister into another—more gentle—hug.

“Sorry sis, I was a little busy,” he replied and someone slapped him on the back. He turned around to see Leo and the Hispanic smiled.

“You sure were,” he said, motioning to Carly, who was giggling as Percy tripped.

Nico laughed at Percy, “Some things never change,” he said and someone came up beside him.

“And some things do,” the tall, blond (blonde?) son of Jupiter said. He looked at Carly, “Made or adopted?” He muttered.

“Made,” Nico muttered back and Jason smiled widely.

“That's my boy!” He yelled and punched him in the arm. Nico frowned and Carly walked over to her father.

“Why Daddy frowning?” She asked and Piper cooed over her.

“She is so cute! O my gods, she is just the most adorable thing I have ever seen!” Piper said and picked up Carly, her bag falling on the ground. “What's your name?” She asked.

“Carly Heather di Angelo,” the little girl said. Annabeth and Hazel came up beside Piper too.

“She is really cute,” Annabeth admitted and Nico smiled.

“I have a niece!” Hazel said excitedly and Nico laughed at his crazy sister.

“She not that cute,” Clarisse said, but even she didn't look convinced by her words. Piper handed Carly back to Nico and Annabeth studied her. She had dark brown—almost black—hair, happy brown eyes and olive skin. She had Nico's nose for sure. Annabeth smiled and put a hand on her stomach. Should she? Na, but tonight she will. Nico just got back and it's his time to shine. He's also really changed. He is more talkative and will actually let Percy say something to him without snapping. Whatever happened in those five years, really changed him. And Annabeth knew that it had something to do with Carly Heather di Angelo.

“So your a dad now,” Annabeth said and Nico nodded.

“Yep,” Nico answered. “She's three and half years of pure joy,” Nico hugged his daughter. He put her down and she went off in the direction of the Percy. Nico smiled and then turned to Annabeth. “Where can we stay? I’m pretty sure she doesn't want to stay in the creepy Hades cabin,” Nico said and Annabeth laughed.

“I'll see what I can arrange with Chiron,” Annabeth said and Nico smiled and gazed at his daughter. “You made a beautiful girl.”

Nico nodded, “And you will make a beautiful baby,” Annabeth looked at Nico with surprise. “Don't worry, I won't tell.” He put a finger to his lips and then walked over to Percy and Carly. Percy smiled at his younger cousin and hugged him.

“Man, it's been a while since I last saw you,” he said and Nico laughed.

“It's not that long,” he insisted and Percy raised an eyebrow. Nico rolled his eyes. “Okay, maybe it was.” Percy smiled and patted him on the back.

“I can't wait to show you around the place. Not a lot has changed, but some things have. Like the--”

“I know that there's a lot of things you want to show me, but I’m tired right now and Carly here,” Nico said, patting said girl's head, “Needs a nap.” She yawned and hugged Nico's legs. Percy watched as Nico gazed adoringly at his daughter. Percy smiled.

“Okay! I can't wait to show you around,” Percy patted him on the back and walked over to the rest of the seven. Most of the other demigods wondered off after they said hello to Nico. Chiron came up to Nico and they talked for a minute or two. A couple of satyrs then came up to the seven and took Nico's bags to the Big House, Nico and Carly following behind them.

“She's really cute,” Piper said and Leo blinked like he was smacked.

“No? Really? I couldn't tell by the way you kept cooing over her,” he said sarcastically and Jason thwacked him on the head. He rubbed his head and pouted.

“She's also a mystery,” Annabeth said. Everyone turned to look at her, all frozen. Percy looked down at his wife.

“How so?” He asked and Annabeth looked at them.

“Haven't any of you noticed?” All shook their heads. “We all know Nico is the biological father, right?” She asked and once again heads nodded. “Biological. Which means she wasn't adopted.” Now people started to realize what she was saying. Annabeth looked to where Nico and Carly went. “If Nico's the biological father, then who's the mother?