Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Chiron stood up and the room went pavilion went silent. The pavilion was now covered in ribbons, balloons, streamers and a big welcome sign. Apparently the Apollo and Dionysus cabins had been planning this since word got out that Nico was coming back, so the Seven didn't have to plan one. Anyway, when everyone was busy, they stealthily snuck away and decorated the place. It had been a surprise to everyone, including Chiron and Dionysus. Though Dionysus kept grumbling about Zeus, rules and wine.

Nico sat at the table with the Seven and Carly was all hyper and excited because she just woke up. It was hard to get her to sit down to eat.

Anyway, back to Chiron. “As you all know, Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades has arrived today and is staying.” Cheers went around for the people who knew him or knew about him. “Also, the Hunters and Reyna will be showing up tomorrow around lunch.” More cheers. “Tonight we will have a little celebration for Nico and the camp fire has been bumped back to tomorrow.” With that, people started to get food and sacrificed to the gods.

Nico took Carly up to the fire pit and crouched down beside her. “Who do you want to sacrifice to?” He asked and she looked at the dancing flames.

“I don't know,” she murmured and Nico stood. He tilted his plate and sacrificed some food to his father and said a little prayer. “How about Hera?” She asked and Nico looked down at his daughter.

“And why Hera?” He questioned her and she pursed her lips.

“Because she seems lonely,” she answered and Nico smiled. (Aww! She is so adorable and thoughtful!)

“Okay,” he told her and she dumped some food in. Her mouth moving in silent words. She looked up and nodded and they headed back to the table.

“Hey kiddo!” Jason said and Carly laughed and started to eat.

Nico sat down beside Annabeth, across from Carly. “Going through with the plan still?” Nico whispered. Annabeth shook her head.

“No, I’ll wait till tomorrow,” she said and he nodded his head. They ate and reminisced about all the times together. All of them telling embarrassing stories about Nico, making Carly laugh.

The next day, they had morning activities and then around lunch, the Hunters and Reyna showed up. Thalia came up to the seven with Reyna and they both smiled when they saw Nico and they both looked surprised when they say Carly. The little three and a half year old gave them toothy smile. Piper cooed over her cuteness again and Nico laughed.

They headed to the pavilion and they talked about their journey to camp. Reyna told them that she also had to travel with them the whole way to camp because she didn't have...her Pegasus. They all sighed and remembered the giant war. For Nico, it was mainly the tiredness and the shadow-travelling.

When they night came around, the fire was lit and the campers all sat around the crackling flames. Reyna, Thalia, Nico and Carly all sat with the seven. Halfway though, Carly went and sat with Clarisse and Chris. So for the rest of the night, Nico was free to talk, laugh and reminisce with all of his friends.

Annabeth looked over to Nico and he nodded. She stood up at the front and cleared her throat. People turned their heads to look at her and the place feel silent. “As you all know, I’m Annabeth Jackson. My husband, Percy Jackson and I have been married for two years and I have an announcement for not just you, but for Percy too.” Percy looked at her, majorly confused. “I'm pregnant.”

-Time skip nine months because I can-

Carly sat in the plastic seats and shifted again. She looked at her dad. “Daddy, is Luke here yet?” Nico looked at his four year old daughter.

“Not yet, darling,” he said and she nodded. She shifted again and then started to swing her legs back and forth. Nico winced as he heard Annabeth scream out in pain. Scenes of Carly's birth flashed through his head. He took a quick glance at his daughter. Sometimes he felt like he failed her. He let her mother die and he failed her.

Percy showed up and Nico and the others stood up, though Carly stayed still in the plastic chair.

“Well?” Hazel asked.

Percy ran a hand through his hair. “I don't know, they kicked me out.”

Nico took a shuddering breath and sat down in one of the chairs. It was like Malinda all over again.

Percy kept glancing at the clock. Everyone was agitated for sure. Carly seemed like the only one that was still in a positive mood. He looked at Nico from the corner of his eyes. The son of Hades had his elbows on his knees, his hands clasped and his face down. He seemed to be in another world.

About five or six in the morning—Carly had fallen asleep a long time ago and Clarisse and Chris took her to bed—the doctor came out a couple of hours later. He sighed and the others stood up.

“Well?” Piper asked. The doctor looked up and nodded.