Chapter 4: Island

SHADOW'S POV

I pushed a few buttons on a panel next to the tubes and a monitor came from the back wall. I punched in a few keys and a video popped up. The video showed where the tubes went on Earth to a certain distance.

Amy looked at the monitor. "Do you have a map?" She asked. I nodded and pulled up a map of Station Square on the monitor.

She looked at it for a moment then spoke. "If your tube ended up on Prison Island.......then the other one should be here!" She said pointing to a place in the ocean near another island that wasn't claimed by humans.

I quickly marked it on the map and grabbed Rose and Chaos Controlled us to the island.

AMY ROSE'S POV

The island was beautiful! I looked around and looked at Shadow. He was looking around as well and finally looked at me. We were dazed at each other for what felt like forever until Shadow cleared his throat and looked down.

"I am going to get supplies at a store at Station Square or something, stay here." He said handing me the map. I nodded as he teleported away.

I went to the shore and picked up a shell that was in the sand. The shell brought memories of when I made Sonic a bracelet of shells. A single tear rolled down my cheek, I sniffled.

"Rose?" It was Shadow, wow he was quick.

I wiped the tear away and looked at him. He had a bag of supplies in one hand and his Chaos Emerald in the other. He tucked the Emerald in the bag and set it down.

I walked up to him with the shell in my hand. "Rose, are you okay?" He asked lifting my chin so I could look at him. "It's nothing, really." I said looking down at the shell. "Is it Faker? It is isn't it?" He asked looking at the shell in my hand.

I nodded my head. He pulled me in a hug and held me tight, in a protecting kind of way.

SHADOW'S POV

I might not know what Faker did but I didn't like seeing Rose like this. I pulled back and reached in the bag for a blanket.

Once I had the blanket, I put it down on the sand and we both sat down. "I picked up some food on the way...." I said taking out a bag of some fruits, a bag of bread, and a container of lunch meat. "And some drinks..." I said taking out a couple bottles of water and a jug of juice. "I also brought plastic cups and plates." I said pulling a plate out.

"Thanks....I will make us some food, you have done so much already." She said taking the food.

I smirked at her and watched the waves crash on the shore.

"Here." Rose said handing me a sandwich. "Thanks." I said taking it and eating it. "We will start the search in the morning since it's already evening." I said finishing my sandwich and grabbing another blanket from the bag.

She nodded and cleaned up the rest of the food and and eating her sandwich. We both sat there watching the sunset.