chapter 3

Though all this was a little difficult to digest in the beginning , she slowly got used to it and then started loving it. She was genuinely grateful to her parents for sending her to such am amazing school.

However, loving it did not guarantee an easy ride for anybody living there. Things were quiet different within the beautiful walls of that picturesque landscape. Within a single month of living with her new classmates, she found groups and gangs sprouting like mushrooms around her. The so called 'cool gang' had formed quiet visibly, right under her noses. The worst part was .... she didn't find herself anywhere near to even getting close to that gang.

      So who or what defined cool and popular anyway? She had no clue. She had not expected all this to happen and before she could say Jack-Robins, she realised that she was being left out.

      She hadn't cared about it so much until the day she had an argument with one of these popular girls. The girl refused to return Tiana's book. The entire gang fought with Tiana over such a dumb thing. Not surprisingly, the rest of the class joined the militant army and automatically took their side. Tiana, of course, was relegated into the corner of the lonely. The weeks that followed were definitely some of the miserable ones in her life.

        Ever been in that dark spot where people look right through you and you are ignored to the extent that you start feeling non-existent? Well, Tiana found herself just there! Horrible thing were done to her . Someone shook her cupboard and things like oil and shampoo spilled on her clothes, books and all of her important and necessary possessions. The girls joked about her and made fun of her in front of her. They didn't stop even when they saw Tiana crying. No one spoke to her for weeks! They even accused her for stealing. Worst of all, someone threw a bathroom slipper at her in dormitory. In short, the place was nothing less than a pandemonium for her! It was as if she was not even human.

           The time she spent in the class was peaceful but going back to the dormitory was torturous. Sometimes, she even hid in the bathroom for hours so that no one would see and taunt her. This went on for almost two months till those girls found a new victim and all their negative attention turned away from Tiana. Everything went back to normal as if nothing had happened.

      Tiana was grateful for the change but she could not forget the hellish time she had gone through and knew that the only way to save herself from the kind of treatment was to become friends with these girls. But at the same time she had also made up her mind that she was not going to become rude , insolent and cheeky like them. The funny thing was that she didn't actually try to be their friend. They had to come to her. She could not lead herself to become part of some snooty girl's posse.

    As it turned out, she needn't have worried anyway became as soon as she reached high school..... woosh! Everything changed. When you are in high school, it's all about who you're going around with, how many guys are serenading around you, what you're wearing, which party you're going to and basically being ' cool '. Girls who have a bunch of boys goggling at them and asking them out are in demand. Only a handful of girls ( including the popular ones ) were going through this new drama and - to her own surprise- Tiana was one of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! How is the story going so far? Not much drama is included in it yet. Please guys don't be ghost readers! Tell me how it is. Ask if there is any confusion and also feel free to correct me when I'm wrong.

Vote.

Comment.

share.

Thanks!!