chapter 8

Electric usually had an electrifying ambience that never failed to captivate. Unlike the other clubs where getting space for one tiny foot was considered to he a task, this club was very spacious. With its colour scheme of thrilling blue and white, contemporary looks and plush interiors, it promised to be a lot of fun. It had round tables scattered around the dance floor and the DJ was playing groovy tracks. Surprisingly, no one was dancing.

     All of them sat around a huge round table. Tiana liked being in this place. Being big and spacious, it was not like the other places which constantly smelled of smoke, floor polish and sweat. Yukh! She always felt claustrophobic in such places. Everyone was ordering their drinks and when she asked what she wanted, she replied, 'A coke please, thank you.'

     'Okay guys, today I dare Tiana to drink a real drink. What say everyone?' said Veer loudly, sarcasm reeling under his horrid voice.

     Tiana gave him the dirtiest look she could muster. She had had enough! Veer was the jerk who had named her Ice Princess. And she knew why.

     She had hurt his pathetic ego by refusing to go out with him when he had asked her out six months ago. A day after she had refused to to out with him, he had come up to her and slapped her! Her friends believe he did this because Tiana had embarrassing him and he wanted to show his one-upmanship by embarrassing her. If that was the case, then his plan had backfired because Tiana had slapped him ( and hard! ) back right in front of all her friends.

     She knew that now all he wanted to do was to make things difficult for her. But she was not the weakling that he thought she was. She was not going to buckle under his pressure. If anything, she was going to make things difficult for him. Besides, she was angry with each and every guy sitting at the table and wanted to give them an earful for this entire Ice Princess nonsense. So, she braced herself for what was going to happen.

     'What part of your chauvinist brain thinks that coke is not a real drink?' she growled.

     'Chauv what? Nah! You are just a chicken! You're afraid of the dare', came the reply from the bird brain.

     'CHAUVINIST! And it will take  more than that to break an ice princess, don't you think?' Tiana said mockingly.

     'Well you ARE an ice princess. Don't blame the name I've given to you', said Veer.

     'I thought that was my name', said Tiana.

     'What?'

     'So now you are an ice princess, is that so?' said Tiana.

     'No, you are', said he, baffled with what had just happened.

     But she had been successful in what she had wanted to do. Veer is no doubt the dumbest guy in school. She easily confused him with his own words. But now that she had her chance, she wanted to go on.

     'So you still want to give me stupid dares, Veer? You feel that you are so mature and manly sitting over there, drinking vodka and polluting the atmosphere with your cancer sticks? Go on, go on, be my guest, sipping poison with so much relish. You are just conning yourself to feel that you are macho, stylish and cool. When you realise this, it Will be too late. So don't you dare try and put me in your league. I can't stop you but I suggest you learn how to behave around me because I don't know about the rest of them', Tiana waved a careless hand towards the gang, 'but I will not take any kind of crap from you in future, you moron!' finished Tiana, feeling considerably lighter and happier.

     'But that does not change anything', said Rehan.

     'What was supposed to change?' said Tiana, turning to look at Rehan.