Prologue

Third Person POV

His gaze bore into the side of her skull as she pondered over what to create with her new found power.

Perhaps something strong. Something that could tear apart the earth. Perhaps something sweet. Something that would bring light and peace to those hideous creatures that he made.

"Just make something."

She snorted. "And put zero effort into it like you did? I don't think so."

"I put thought into them!" He snarled.

Of course he did. But only enough effort and thought to get something on the earth. He was too excited to be ruling over something to actually create a flawless species. She knew that his creatures, while docile now, were exact copies of him. Ready to kill whenever slightly angered. They would be tempermental and hard to deal with. Flawed, but despite what she would admit, a good idea.

She on the other hand was determined to make something that would mirror her. Soft and kind, yet a force to be reckoned with. But she had no idea what to do.

Peering into the summoning pool near by, she gazed at the creatures wandering below. Each one unique and small from all the way up where she sat.

A black flash caught her eye and she knew her decision was finalized. 

A mix would be made. Carefully scooping up the creature in her hand, she replicated the creature of the man that day beside her, and fused them into one.

Half man half wolf.

It was beautiful.

It was graceful.

It was ferocious.

It was her creation.

The creature displayed sun-kissed skin and raven black hair. His eyes were a bright amber and his body was muscled. He was tall, and looked around at his surroundings curiously. She smiled at him.

Yes, this was what she wanted to create. A creature with grace and elegance. Something to rule over the animals of the earth and provide reason to the other creatures. She would build him a kingdom and allow him to rule over it for all eternity. And despite knowing this was a job that needs to be done alone, she had a perfect name for him.

"Darius."