Chapter Thirteen

Added back in the Russian after every usage. Let me know if it gets annoying😂

***

Adeline POV

"What are you doing in my washroom маленький?" The king questioned as he stepped into the washroom. Judging by my thoughts and his reaction, neither of us were anticipating this. His eyes were soft but quizical and I felt as though I had to justify myself. (Little one)

"Fiona didn't tell me that this washroom was yours. I'm so sorry, I'll leave right away!"

His perfectly shaped eyebrows furrowed together, drawing attention to a small scar that split one near the end. I had never noticed it before, granted I hadn't examined his face very much either. "No, that's alright маленький, you can stay in here. I just wanted to know why you were in here." (Little one)

His phrasing of the question took me back to when he had first found me in the closet and I couldn't help but frown a little bit. He phrased it as though I was a child or hadn't answered the question. I didn't particularly like it, but didn't dare voice that opinion.

He tilted his head, reminding me that there was a question I still hadn't answered to his standards. I swallowed and prayed to the sun god that he didn't harm me for my next sentence. "I dirtied the basin in the other room."

"How?" He asked, much to my surprise. Father had never given me a chance to explain anything like that. Perhaps he was just trying to gauge the severity of my punishment though.

"I ate too much."

His frown deepened, eyes softening. "Why would you do that?"

I lowered my head in shame. Fiona had asked the same thing, and now I felt just plain juvenile. For both of them to say the same thing must have meant it was a thing of common sense that I had failed to pick up on.

I was about to answer when a callusesd, but warm hand placed itself on my chin, causing me to almost jump right out of my skin. The king used the hand to raise my gaze to meet his. "You never have to do anything that would hurt you маленький. Ever. Even if you think that I want you to do it, you never have to do it if it will put you in harm's way." He told me, his answer seeming to imply the answer I would have given him. (Little one)

His eyes were so gentle, as were his hands, and I didn't want to risk losing the gentleness by speaking, so I nodded instead. He smiled and pulled me into his arms, lifting me off the floor and carying me to a large bed which say in the middle of the room. It was supported by columns of beautifully crafted silver and covered by a plush looking red duvet. The pillows looked plum and soft and the whole set probably costed more that I could ever pay.

Keeping me curled in his arms I found myself having to fight every fiber in my body to keep from curling into his gentle warmth. Earlier it had been no problem to stay still in case his gentle touch was nothing more than a test. However, after witnessing his soft behavior and tollerance to Fiona yelling at him, my body seemed to scream that this man was safe. Mix that with the unnatural feeling of wanting to be close to him, and I was struggling to keep myself still and tense.

Dipping his face into the crook of my neck he breathed out a light mumble. "You can relax маленький, I promise I won't hurt you." (Little one)

When I made no move to relax, he let out a heavy sigh before continuing his next string of words. "Fiona told me that you were abused by your father," He hesititated, but continued. "You thought I would hurt you if I found out?"

His voice carried so much pain that I almost began to sob on the spot, the strange urge to comfort him finally taking over. My bottom lip trembled as I flipped over and curled into his side like I had done with Xavier after a particularly bad beating. "I'm sorry." My voice trembled out as his large arms enveloped me in a soft embrace. "It's just... just that..." I could barely get the words out but he seemed to understand anyway, tightening his embrace and whispering that it would be alright.

And just like that I came undone in his arms, the sobs I had been holding back finally escaping. I felt pathetic. I had cried more in the last twenty-four hours than I had in my whole life. I felt weak, drained, and utterly pathetic. It was although I couldn't handle my emotions here, and that I was so weak to the point that their kindness made me crumble into tiny pieces. Yet, behind all of that, there was a sense of relief. Although it was brief and fled to the back of my mind, it was there, and it felt wonderful. Like the weight that I had carried lifted from my shoulders for a few minutes before being placed back down. It didn't dissapear, but the momentary rest truly did make me feel better.

"маленький?" He questioned after a while. "You do know I would never hurt you right?" The king's voice held a certain vulnerability that made me want to hug all his worries away. Was this the 'mate' thing that Fiona had mentioned?

"Yes..." I did understand, it was just the fact that my mind constantly told us otherwise. I would definitely have to try and remember that though. I enjoyed soaking in the kindness this gentle giant was giving me at the moment, and if trusting him meant more of this, I definitely needed to commit that fact to memory.

I could feel the king smile into my neck, and his breathing begin to even out. "That's good. I don't think I could even imagine hurting you." He softly confessed before chuckling to himself. "It's barely been a week and I'm far too attached to you for it to be good."

***

Hi loves!

It's your girl, back with some more shameless advertising. I just love way too many stories on Wattpad for me to shut up about them, so I decided to do one shameless advertisement at the end of every three updates (Wierd schedual thingy I know, but oh well.) so that I could get the need to tell people out of my system.

So right now the story that I am absolutely in love with is called 'Mi Amor' by 3ree_musketeers. It's a werewolf book that contains a sassy female lead and a male lead that really tickles my fancy (don't  judge my word choice).  I really recommend you go check it out, it's been really good so far!

  I really recommend you go check it out, it's been really good so far!

That's all for now loves! Thanks for reading!

~Sammi