Chapter 33: The Final Blow

"Then let's end this." Jesse said, her voice shaking as she spoke.

Soren smirked at her, narrowing his eyes. "Gladly." He said, slipping it sword from his belt.

It wasn't a sword like Jesse has ever seen before. The blade was gleaming sharp, but also pure white. Almost like it was made from quartz. It was glowing, a faint purple aura hanging around the blade.

"Ever seen a Nether Star sword, Jesse?" Soren asked, twisting the blade in his hands. "One blow from this, and you're dead."

"You'll have to hit me first." Jesse said, hiding her obvious horror. She raised Miss Butter, pointing the gleaming golden blade at Soren.

She was in the fighting position, she was ready to battle till death if it had to. Soren raised his sword as well, pointing the gleaming white blade at her.

Slowly, the two circled eachother, the tension of who were going to deliver the first hit heavy in the air.

"Are you afraid, Jesse?" Soren taunted.

"Not at all." Jesse lied, before surging forward.

The golden blade met the Nether Star blade, sending sparks flying as the enchantments battled each other.

Then the blades separated, only to be brought down on each other immediately, as the two enemies tried to strike at each other.

Jesse loosened the grip on the sword, letting Soren's slip down a bit, before circling her movements upwards, aiming the sword right at Soren's chest.

But his movements were swift, and he was able to block the blow, knocking Jesse back hard.

Jesse kept her balance, raising the sword above her head, running right at Soren once more, ready to bring the blade down on him. As if in slow motion, he turned the Nether Star sword, blocking her attack. As he did, he surged forward, his sword clashing with Jesse's and throwing her off guard. With that he extended his leg, kicking her back.

Jesse dropped to the side, somersaulting out of the way just in time. As she raised to her feet, their swords met again, sending more sparks flying.

Jesse could feel her heartbeat rapid, her breath racing. She had her limits, after all.

But Jesse wasn't about to let it show, as she gave it her all. Using every ounce of strength in her, she moved at the speed of light, blocking several hits from Soren, as well as delivering her own, which he blocked in return.

Then Jesse took him by surprise.

She used a technique she had learned many years back from Petra, allowing Soren to think she had dropped her guard. But when he came in to stab her, Jesse dropped to the ground, rolling out of the way in time. Soren impaled his sword into the ground, taking a good few seconds to loosen it again.

As he did, Jesse brought the glimmering blade up again, using all her strength to bring it down on the Nether Star sword.

With Soren's guard down, the thrust Jesse put into the blow was able to knock the sword from Soren's hands. The gleaming white blade flew across the room, disappearing into a puff of smoke when it hit the ground.

In a split second, before Soren had to time to react, Jesse had leaped up at him, raising the golden sword high above her head. She brought it down with all the strength to had, impaling it deep into Soren's chest.

It was as if everything went into slow motion. Jesse found herself standing in front of Soren, clutching the helm of the gold sword with sweating hands, as its blade disappeared into the body of the man she had been fighting only a millisecond ago.