The Denied Proposal

Annalise waited for Sebastian to come back in the room as she sat on the window sill. "He tried to eat me before fulfilling my goal. I suppose I should expect that from a demon." She sighed and listened for the footsteps. Annalise felt someone's breath on the back of her neck only a few minutes after she started listening. "My lady is interested in the comings and goings of her butler and yet can't even hear his footsteps when they are right behind her." He said in in almost a whisper as she felt his hot breath on the top of her ear. Sebastian reached around with something in his hand and covered the eye with their contract seal. "It's to keep nosey people out of our business." Annalise felt a chill go down her spine. "You may be a demon, but you are my butler. You shouldn't be teasing your mistress so much." Sebastian stood up and backed away from her his finger to his lips. "Oh and why is that, my lady?" Annalise fumbled with something in her hands. "It's improper. It's also improper to stare at your mistress which I find you doing quite often. Do not let yourself be caught by someone of any noble standing." Sebastian was surprised she didn't tell him to stop completely. He thought back to how she said her betrothed got married. "I swear I will not let myself be caught. My lady, you seem quite upset about your betrothal going up in smoke along with your family. Is it your wish to find a new suitor?" She sighed as she looked away from the small object. "That was very harsh Sebastian, although, no it is not my wish to find a new suitor. They would only be in my way." Sebastian smiled knowing someone who would have had the same opinion in her position. With that, he walked out of her room to set the table for dinner.