II ➵reunited, unfortunately

" CAN I TRUST WHAT I'M GIVEN , EVEN WHEN IT CUTS ? "
- stephen ; crossfire

[⌛⚗]

HAILEY

"SO WHAT YOU'RE telling me is, garlic does hurt vampires, but sunlight does?" I ask, half joking.

"Yes, Hailey"

"So I can flash a flashlight at you and you would burn?"I said to now one of my best friends, Raphael.

"N-No!"

"No need to get offended. I know how to kill vampires. I was just joking around." I hit his shoulder.

"Yeah, whatever."

"I don't kill Downworlders.

"You do kill demons."

"Hell yeah. I'm the best at what I do." I pulled put my dagger from my pocket and throw it up in the air at him. He catches it by the handle.

"Then why don't you have runes?"

"A Shadowhunter does not need runes in order to be a Shadowhunter. Besides, mommy dearest didn't give me a stele when I found out what I was. Every weapon I have is either from you or I made it myself."

"That's one of the many reasons I love you."

"I love you too."

I sat up from laying next to him and went to put on a dress.

"Where you going?"

"Pandemonium. I need to go see someone there."

"Be safe. I don't feel like breaking the Accords tonight."

"What difference is tonight from every other night?"

He chuckled and looked at his phone. I changed into a skin tight black leather dress and put on my heels and left.

[⌛⚗]

As I walked into the club I saw the bright yellow van that belonged to my gingered haired sister best friend, Simon.

As much as I hated my 'family' it was ingrained into my brain to make sure they stayed safe. They're my blood, at least, it felt like it. For the past two years I came to this bar hoping to see my sister. It never fails. She was with Simon and another girl. I watched them from afar and I saw Clary walk off and bump into a blond man.

He has runes. Shit.

I run up to them and try to stop a conversation before it even started.

"Hey, can you watch where you're going?" She says to him.

"You can see me?" He responds

"Yeah, that's kind of the point, but you obviously didn't see me."

"You have the Sight."

I finally gets to the two.

"Yeah, she has 20/20 vision. Now if you don't mind..." I say trying to pull Clary away.

"Wait, Hailey? Where the hell have you been? Also, the what?"

"How can I not know who you two are?"

"Because- " I take a second to think.

"This is all an illusion! Nothing you see is real! You're dreaming. Woooooooo" I wave my hand in his face as an attempt for him to stop acting questions and forget what he was talking about.