IV➵carry on

" DO YOU GOT THE POWER TO LET POWER GO ? "
-kayne west; power

[⌛⚗]

HAILEY

"WHAT?" I HEARD MY voice echo through the building.

"We found her in time to save her for getting stabbed, but she's was in bad shape." He said as we raced down the hall.

"Was? What do you mean was?"

"We were able to recover her for now, but she's unstable."

We run over to the table she was laying on. Izzy was already there checking her vitals.

"She's not looking good. Her heart rate is dropping by the second. Blood pressure is lower than usual. Everything is dropping, and it's dropping quick." Izzy informs us.

"Does she have a healing rune?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Maybe we can supercharge the rune. To make it stronger."

"That's impossible. Wouldn't we need to have one of the Mortal Instruments?" Alec adds.

"I don't think we do. Alec, you know how when we first met and my blade caught fire?"

"What does that have to do with this?"

"Guys, as much as I love the Hailic moment, we don't have time. Think of plan and think of it quick." Izzy states as she runs around the area, frantically hitting computers and machines.

"Maybe I can transfer the power I used for blade into her."

"How would you get the power to the rune?" Jace questioned

"Izzy's whip. I can wrap the whip around her neck and maybe it will go to her rune."

"Do we have any other choice?" Jace asks Izzy.

"No. Whatever you have in mind, do it if you want to save your sister."

"I need your whip."

"Here."

She threw her whip over and I caught it. I threw it and it wrapped around Clary's neck. I tired to focus, but it was useless.

"It's useless! I can't focus. I can't do it, I can't do it."

I felt a presence behind me and thought it was Izzy.

But it was actually Jace.

"Hailey, I know you can do this. Please. For Clary. For you."

I thought deep and a memory flashed into my head and played.

➳| ➳

I walked into my sisters room. I heard her soft cries and wondered why she's crying. I sat on her bed, my small 13 year old body fitting onto her daybed. I shook her as she was under the covers. She poked her head out, showing her fiery red hair and her bright green eyes.

"Hailey?" She sniffed

"It's me Claire. What's wrong?"

"Mommy opened the box again and she started yelling at me."

"It's okay." I hugged her through the covers and propped myself up on the wall that the bed was pushed up against.

"Why is Mommy like this?"

"I don't know Claire. I really don't." I lay next to her and a silent tear falls, remembering what that bitch did to me. I still wonder why Clary even loved her.