Chapter 1

"Good morning Sweetheart!"  I heard a peppy voice say before I felt my warm covers being pulled off me.   "Candy!  I don't wanna get up!"  I complain, rolling into a ball so hopefully I don't freeze as bad. But no matter how many times I try, it's always the same result.

"I dont care! Tomorrow school starts, the start to our senior fucking year! We gotta shop so people don't think we're hobos!"  I giggle lightly at her statement, "We are hobos though."  I turn looking at my best friend standing in her plaid patterned pajamas. "I know! But I don't want people to know about our secret!"  She threw her hands in the air before storming out of the room.  I laughed and slowly got up, telling her that I'll be ready soon.   I smiled, thinking of the crazy and messed up conversations we can have sometimes.   That's why I get along with her so well, because we both love to joke around and just have fun. 

I walked to my personal bathroom that was connected to my personal bedroom.   Yes I enjoy not sharing a room with her anymore. Thanks to our land-lord in the other apartment for kicking us out, we now live in a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment. We both have good paying jobs so we both have separate bathrooms and bedrooms.  I grabbed a soft towel from the cabinet and turned on the shower water waiting for it to steam up.   When it was warm I finally got in letting the hot water fall down my body.  Continuing to think of life as it is now.

Tomorrow is the start of my final year in high school.  I've been waiting for this year to begin for ages and I couldn't be happier to get it over with.   I didn't have to many friends except Candy and our best friend,  Austin.   But since he is gay, he gets bullied alot.  Which brings me to the reason we met him. When Candy and I saw him 5 years ago in school we decided we were gonna take up for him and now we are nothing but inseparable! 

It didn't take long for me to wash my hair along with my body before turning the water off as I wrapped my insanely soft towel around me and walked out into my bedroom shivering from the frigid air.  I looked over to the door in the corner opposite of me, making sure it was locked before I removed my towel. Last person who lived in the apartment next to us was a total creep! I threatened to call the cops on that spying asshole multiple times but eventually, as sad as it must be, he got arrested for rape of a girl who lived in 26B.

I opened my walk in closet and looked through my variety of  dark colored clothing.  Some people would call them weird but I just wear what I think is good. I picked out a pair of my favorite ripped black skinny jeans and grabbed a black tank top before pulling out a black baggy over shirt and closed my closet door.  And for the record I'm not goth, I just enjoy dressing in black, it matches my mood for Monday's. Who knows why they decided to start school on a Tuesday, probably just "felt like it."

After I got dressed I looked in my full body mirror on the back of my door.  Eh, I look presentable.  I don't really wear much make up but when I do its only mascara and chapstick. After applying the black thick mascara, I grab my cherry flavored Chapstick.

I grabbed my black converse and turned off my room lights before running down the hallway.  Right as I was about to turn the corner I ran into Candy making us scream and fall down, laughing.  "We gotta stop doing that!  We've done it 3 days in a row."  She said standing up then lending me a hand.  I gladly took it and we dusted ourselves off.

"Yep! Now let's go I'm starving!"  I announce pulling her out the door after making sure I had my keys in my pocket.  Today was going to be eventful.

-

"Austin is gonna meet us there.  He claims that us two wouldn't last a day in Senior year if we use our terrible fashion ideas."   Candy parked the car, rolling her eyes as she talked about our great fashion-fanatic friend. 

"It's true.  We do suck at picking out good clothes.  And that's why we have him!"  I slammed the car door playfully.  Not even waiting on Candy,  I skipped all the way to the double glass doors looking for the man of the past conversation.

Austin after all is our shopping buddy,  he is absolutely amazing in choosing clothes and matching outfits.  In the past, when I went on dates, family weddings,  or even funerals,  he has always helped me pick out the right attire.  Because trust me,  if I picked my choice I would have been bad-mouthed  by my own blood-related "family."  Note the quotation marks.  They come in handy when I try describing the ruthless people that couldn't give a damn about me.

I jumped when an arm linked with mine, thankfully making me snap out of my thoughts.  "Come on lovely, we've got alot of shopping to do.  But first let's get something to eat!  I'm starving!"   She pulls me inside violently. 

"As always."  I smile knowing that no matter how much food we both eat in a day,  I will always beat her in a contest.

_______________________________

Hey! :) I know it's very very short but I'm working on some ideas.  Anyone have any suggestions that'd be great! Thanks beauties!