Chapter 8

As we sat there the sweet smell of fried chicken hit my nose. I looked over at Ellis, "How did you know that I love chicken?" I asked her with a small smile on my face. "Oh dear," she said turning around," You may not remember me, but I remember you and I guessed right that both of your favorite food did not change." Maddie looked at me with a smile on her face, "I guess we have more in common than we think." Sometime later Ellis sat down two plates. One in front of both Maddie and me. There was a chicken thigh, mashed potatoes with cheese on top, and corn on the cob. "Oh, how I remember the way you two ate your corn on the cob when you were little." Ellis said with a smile on her face. "Andi, you had just lost one of your front teeth and boy was it funny watching you try and eat the cob. And Maddie, you would always somehow dribble so much down your shirt." She laughed a little. "Ellis, I know you haven't seen us in a while, but the fight is happening tomorrow, we don't have much time to talk about the good old times..." I said to her with a sad expression. "I'm sorry dears, I just wish I could have met you on different circumstances. But it is time that I Tell you a story." She said while we continued to eat. "A long time ago, the moon goddess felt that the werewolf species needed some protecting from an evil that she herself could not fight because she could not risk getting hurt. So, she decided that she would grace a set of twins with a power. Now some say it is like yin and yang, but I a sure you, neither of you have the potential to be evil or dark. Now as she looked down on her wolves, she had a hard decision to make. She had to find the perfect family that no matter what set of twins were born, the power would not be used to harm, but to help. Now she came across our family. It would be your 6th great grandmother and her twin brother that were picked. Now at the time no one knew of her plan but once the twins turned 14 they shifted. It was very rare for a set of twins to have two different colors of fur especially one white and the other black. The pack did not think of it is bad, but instead trained the twins because the Alpha thought that they were special. Which he soon found out on their 16th birthday, when they were training before their birthday ball. Your grandmother went to hit her brother when a blue light came out of his hand and shot her back. They were both very scared and went to the alpha right away. Since this was the first time in history of this such thing happening the alpha took it upon himself to train and learn of their powers to help the next ones in line. As they grew older and mastered their power, they faced dark challenges. They got threw it all until your great uncle's mate had twins. They did not know it at the time, but their powers were transferred to the new set of twins. When they found out, the did everything they could to help them with their powers. Now the new set of twins were only in their 20's when their powers were transferred to the set of twins your grandmother had. Now this pattern went on until I was born. Now everything was going great with mine and my brothers training, we mastered them faster than any set of twins before us. We were in battle and your great uncle passed. I felt it all through my body, it was the worst pain imaginable. Now before this battle I had meet your grandfather. At the time I thought he truly loved me. But when I fell pregnant and did not have twins, he went crazy. And this is when I found out what his true intentions were. After I found out, I begged the moon goddess to help me. I had found out that the mate of a black or white wolf, can strip that power from their child or grandchildren. This is when I came across a book, I swear the moon goddess sent to me. It had in it, a way for me to sever the mate bond so he could not get the power. Now when your mother fell pregnant with the two of you. I had just heard the news that your grandfather found out a way that he could still take the power. I told your parents and they both agreed that it would be best to only tell the pack that your mother was pregnant with just one child. And they decided that it was best to send one of you away. But that did not mean they did not keep a close eye on you Maddie. They sent you to the Blood Moon pack, not only because they knew you would be protected but because a part of me knew that your mate was in that pack. I did not know it would be an alpha. Not only that but I did not know at the time that there were twin alphas. They did not choose to send you away for any reason Maddie, in fact you guys were not named until Maddie was placed in a home and together that family and yours choose your name. Now your mother died making sure your grandfather never found out the truth, but he did, and he killed her. I will help you both master your powers, even though I only know of the light colors, your grandfather kept a journal on his dark colors. And with that I will help you and you will master your powers faster than I did." We both sat there, stunned and still registering what she just said to us.