Chapter 3: Part 2

Chapter 3: Part 2

“What are you going to do with Blaze?” He asks me after we sit down. I can assume that Blaze is his friend who is still locked up in the cells, “Well,” I begin. “He has three options. Number one, he can become part of my pack and be under high surveillance for a month. If he stays clean for that long he can become a permanent part of my pack. Number two, he can choose to stay in the cell until he dies. Number three, he can be rightfully punished for trespassing and get the death penalty.” I finish telling him with a shrug. He looks at me like I’m crazy and then I add, “The same goes for you.”

“You’d kill me?” He asks in disbelief. “Yeah, if you’re a danger to my pack.” I tell him and he nods, “I know we have a lot to discus.” Austin tells me and I nod in agreement. “We’ll talk about everything in depth later. For now, come with me.” I tell him as the food begins to come out of the pack house. He gets up and follows me as I walk to the stage to get the night started.

 I ask Austin to wait at the stairs leading to the stage while I start everything off. He stays there while I begin to speak, “To start off, if you don’t already know, we have a pack meeting after dinner tonight, also as some of you may have already saw, we have a new pack member.” I ushered Austin up on to the stage, “This is Austin and he is the newest addition to the pack as well as my mate.” I grab his hand and hold it in mine. It was hard to ignore the sparks that went off when our skin touched. “Please welcome him with open arms and if you have any concerns or questions you can talk to me privately after the pack meeting. Enjoy your meal.” I say with a slight, closed mouth smile.

 I pull Austin behind me as we exit the stage and we head back to our seats. When we arrive back at the table my brother begins to eye Austin, but doesn’t say anything.

 We eat peacefully with light conversation floating around the table. At first, it was very awkward, everyone at the table knew he was the rouge who tried to attack our pack, but I reassured them he wasn’t going to be doing anything of the sort anymore. Austin got along with everyone just fine and after the awkward start everything was just peachy.

 The meal ends soon and I dismiss myself from the table, deciding it was a good time to begin the meeting. I begin my walk back up to the stage and as I get further away from Austin my wolf begins to whine annoyingly and I have to block her out before I snap.

I stand in the same spot as I always do and the crowd in front of me goes quiet, “Now let’s being this meeting shall we?” I ask, shuffling my papers around, getting down to business.

The meeting went by smoothly and some minor problems were brought to my attention, but they were easily solved. The main topic was addressed at the end, the one concerning my father threatening the pack. I explained the new training sessions that will be held for people who want a better peace of mind and how the 18 and up group will begin harder training.

 I am currently in my room getting ready for bed. I dropped Austin off at his room earlier and told him we would talk about everything tomorrow morning and how we will go talk to Blaze. I put on my shorts and a tank top and go over to the bed, getting under my warm covers.