XIII | We Got the Power of God and Anime on Our Side

Song: Crystalanthemums

--------

"The match will last fifteen (15) minutes," Midnight explained. "Each team's points are determined but it's members. The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points! Until the match ends, you'll all compete to grab each other's points and maintain the ones you have.

"Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But the more headbands you've got, the harder they'll be to manage! Most importantly, even if your headband is taken and even if your horse formation is broken... It's not over 'til it's over!

"Quirks are allowed, so it'll be a brutal battle! However, it's still a cavalry battle! Maliciously attacking another team with the intent of making them fall will get you a red card! And that means you're out of the game!"

"Damn it," Dom groaned. "I can't kill anyone."

"Shh!" Corey shushed him.

"You've got fifteen (15) minutes! Time to form your teams!" Midnight proceeded.

The people surrounding Corey bombard her, asking if they could be part of her team. Most of them she didn't even know, which intimidated her. She became a stuttering and awkward mess until Dom grabbed her wrist.

"Sorry, folks, but she already has a team," he said, then dragged her off away from the crowd.

"Thanks. I wanted to be on a team with you."

"Then why didn't you tell them that?"

"Because I'm shy and awkward!"

He shook his head and lead her to Dirk and Colin, who stood on the sidelines by themselves.

"Heyo, boys," Dom said.

"Hola, Domino."

"Don't call me that."

"So the four (4) of us are a team?" Dirk asked.

"Yup!" Dom said.

"So who's gonna be the rider?" Corey asked.

The three (3) of them stared at her, the same answer gleaming in their eyes. She knew instantly.

"Me!? Why?"

"Well you're small and you can easily dodge," Dirk said.

"And you can blast away the others with your Quirk!" Dom said excitedly.

"Okay so if I'm the rider, the three of you are gonna be the horses?"

"I'll be in the lead," Colin said. "And you boys will be in the rear!"

"Right!"

And so they made their formation, with Corey as the rider and sitting on Colin's arms. She tied the velcro headband with their team's 330 points around her forehead.

"We're gonna try and grab as many headbands as we can, while still trying to avoid getting ours caught, okay?" she ordered.

"We gonna go after Midoriya's team?" Colin asked.

She debated with herself about going after Izuku's ten (10) million points but soon came to a decision.

"We'll try not too. Knowing Izuku, he'll probably avoid jumping into the fray and will just try to keep his headband. But if we see a chance to take it, we'll do it."

I'm sorry, Izuku...

"Your fifteen (15) minutes are up!" Midnight finally announced. "Time to get started!"

"Hey, wake up, Eraserhead! They've had their time to form teams and strategize!" Present Mic said, his voice amplified and projecting across the stadium. "And now all thirteen (13) teams are lined up and ready to move! Let's get a battle cry!"

"I'VE GOT THE POWER OF GOD AND ANIME ON MY SIDE!" Dirk screamed.

The three (3) of them started wheezing with laughter.

"Here comes the starting signal!"

"You guys ready?" Corey asked her friends.

"I guess," Dirk said.

"Hell yeah!" Colin shouted.

"Hell fucking yeah!" Dom cheered. "We've got the power of Cod and anime on our side!"

"It's the mother fucking dark carnival, motherfuckers," Corey said, trying her best to sound like Gamzee.

"THREE (3)!" Mic counted down.

Corey released a breath she didn't know she held.

"TWO (2)!"

Dom, Colin, and Dirk sunk their feet into the ground, ready to sprint.

"ONE (1)...!

"START!"