XVII | Fights, Fights, and More Fights

Song: Endless Heart

--------

As she slowly opened her eyes, Corey saw bright lights and a tiled ceiling. She was in Recovery Girl's temporary office laying on a bed. She slowly sat up and saw Carter sitting on Dirk's bed, who sat across from her.

"Ha, gay," she mocked, chuckling.

The two (2j looked her, Carter with his usual annoyed face while Dirk looked at her with a relieved expression.

"You're okay!" he said.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? Did I pass out or something?"

Carter and Dirk looked at each other in worry then back at their friend slash sister.

"You don't remember anything?" Dirk asked worriedly.

"Not really. I just remember getting a headache then everything going black. As cliche as it sounds."

"You don't remember what Dirk did?" Carter asked with mild concern.

"Didn't I just answer that? Why? Did he knock me out of bounds and win?" Corey asked.

"No, you won actually. I threw up and stepped out of bounds. After I turned you back."

"Turned me back from what?"

Carter pointed to her head. She wearily moved her hand up to her head and brushed against soft ears. She quietly retracted them and looked at the two boys.

"Oh," she simply said. "I guess I'm a furry now."

"You're not mad?" Dirk asked.

"No, not really?" Corey responded. "I dunno how to feel about this."

Dirk told her how she kind of went all homicidal on his ass, making the girl feel worse, even though it wasn't her fault. After explaining, there was silence for a few minutes before the door of the infirmary opened and the petite Recovery Girl stepped in.

"You two (2) are free to go," she said.

"Thank you!" Dirk and Corey both said.

The three (3) left the Infirmary together, but Carter and Corey went to their seating with 1-A while Dirk went to his class seating. With each step, Corey felt more anxious to meet with her friends after seeing her like that.

"This is going to be really awkward," Corey said, seeing the entrance to the seating up head.

"Well as Percy would say, 'Suck it up, pussy,'" Carter said, walking ahead of her and entering the seating area.

"Hey, Hamilton, how's your sister?" Kaminari asked Carter.

"She's fine. She's right by the entrance," he said. "COREY SUCK UP YOUR INSECURITIES ABOUT NOW BEING A FURRY AND COME HERE!"

Corey cautiously stuck her around the wall and stood there silently looking at her classmates. She looked for Midoriya, but he wasn't there along with Todoroki and Kirishima.

"Hi..." she simply said, pushing up glasses that were slipping slowly. "Sorry, you had to see that I'm gonna go sit down now before my social anxiety sets in okay? Okay."

Averting her classmate's glazes, Corey quickly made her way down the steps to the front row and plopped herself in a seat between Iida and Tokoyami, burying her face in her hands while Carter sat next to Kaminari. Uraraka, who was sitting on Iida's other side, was the first to speak to her.

"Corey, are you okay?" she asked.

"Physically, meh. Mentally, hell no," Corey said, earning a small chuckle from the bird boy to her right. "So what'd I miss?"