Chapter 3:

Hotaru's restaurant is very famous. Whether its fame came from the excellent food she offers, she has a wide variety of dishes except for the crabs, or the enticement of lovely ladies serving you, she at least knows that she did not have to blackmail people into buying from her. And this was satisfying result indeed.

This can be seen from Hotaru's face. Although her cold expression is not broken, when you look closely enough and use a magnifying glass, you will be able to see a rare, warm glimmer in her violet eyes indicating that she is pleased.

As for her office, it was set just the way she likes it. No girly things around, completely neat and utterly cold and gives off the feeling that the room can suck your soul out if you do not make her happy.

And knowing Hotaru, she might just have been able to create a device for that.

As we escape the Ice Queen's office, we are faced with something so bright that can only be Mikan.

And her co-workers had to wonder, why is someone as cold as Hotaru Imai, be friends with someone as, well as Mikan, as Mikan Sakura?

Well they do say opposites attract. And now, these polar opposites are about to have their lives in a merry jumble.

As the arrival of SOMEONE, grew closer, Mikan was being as naïve and innocent as always. To think that she would have finally gotten a clue from the many times that she had worked in the restaurant, to see her actually getting a hint that she is the main reason why Hotaru keeps on getting customers. Male customers.

My, the world would end.

Seeing Mikan in that dress, her gracefully gliding around the restaurant, her bright smile always in place, her pigtails softly framing her heart shaped face, is like seeing an angel. Her lovely, musical voice the background music as the customers eat. What more could you ask?

But stupid Mikan, although she got the second place in their ranking next to Hotaru, couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she is BEAUTIFUL. Is that so hard to believe?

Back to the story. Mikan has just finished serving another customer when the bell to the door rang, indicating that a customer had arrived. She turned around with her heart warming smile in place and said. "Welcome to Crabs L'amour!"

Usually, she ould receive a smile in response or something. But not this:

"Hn."

She stared in shock at the guy before her, not caring if he had gorgeous raven locks messed up and crimson eyes eyeing her intensely.

No, she cared that this someone cannot even bother to greet her properly.

But, of well, she was already used to Hotaru.

Gaining back a reason to smile at the rude stranger she showed him his seat without further ado and handed him a menu, the way she treats every customer she had.

That was when she noticed a deadly silence covering the restaurant.

She turned around, and was completely unnerved by the fact that everyone is looking at her as if she sprouted two heads. 'What did I do?'

Shrugging off the attention with a casual movement of her shoulder, she faced her customer again. Only to be met by the same strange silence that everyone looked at her with.

'She doesn't recognize me?'

'Do I have something on my face?'

'What the hell is she frowning for? Wait, am I staring?'

'Oh good, he averted his gaze! That means I am clean!'

'She might not be one of my fans. . . who am I kidding, everyone is MY fan. Wait, she's smiling, guess she knows who I am then.'

For some strange reason, the guy who had been looking at her so intensely suddenly changed his gaze into a bored one. Mikan was confused by this change of action (she isn't one to talk), but she still has to complete her duty.

"Sir, have you decided on what to order for today?"

"Hn. I'll have the special dish for today."

"Right away, Sir."

As Mikan snapped her little notebook she uses for writing down orders shut, she was about to go give the order to the chef when she was stopped by a glare.

More like menacing glares that make her shiver involuntarily. She glanced around, wondering where the feeling was coming from, when she looked at a woman that was her previous customer and had been so shy.

She was glaring at her.

Taken aback from the sudden change of mood, she gave the chef the order. Even he was staring at her in amazement.

Unable to keep silent any longer, she snapped, "What?!"

"You don't know him?" asked the incredulous chef.

Mikan rolled her eyes, not seeing the chef suddenly sweating and becoming pale, "I don't care if I don't know him. He is a customer and that is that."

"Well, maybe we can change that fact, Polka-dots." Murmured a husky voice from behind her.