Chapter 5:

Mikan blinked at the sudden declaration. Cousins? Hotaru had never said anything about her having any relative members. All Hotaru would tell her was that her parents are both dead, having peacefully lived on and died of age, but other than that, nothing more.

She narrowed her eyes at Hotaru, completely forgetting about Natsume Hyuuga, and tried to make Hotaru guilty with her puppy eyes that nearly no one is immune to. But of course, not Hotaru.

She pulled out her Baka gun and proceeded to hit her with it. Mikan, as always, flew to the other side of the kitchen where dozens of people working could only watch her fly by.

"Why are you even here Hyuuga?"

"What are you talking about? I am your money-maker after all. Treat me with some respect."

"You, of all people, know what I can do with your pictures."

"Blackmailer, I could easily go to the press and tell them to never come here again."

"Oh, and what are you going to do with the pictures that I used in the first place to blackmail you in advertising my restaurant?"

"Already burned them."

"I could just as easily blackmail people into going to my restaurant."

As the battle of the wills went on, Mikan was starting to get up and recovering from the Baka gun. When she noticed Hotaru and Natsume Hyuuga locked in a stare down, she panicked.

What about the customers stillinside the restaurant?

She peeked outside and of course, the customers were still there, with the female customers occasionally glancing at the door every now and then. She concluded that this reaction could be because of Natsume Hyuuga, the arrogant guy who seemed to be used to ordering people around.

At the mention of the said guy, she wondered why none of the female population in the restaurant were not hurrying to rip the doors to the kitchen open. Then again, as she rubbed her sore head, Hotaru is infamous for ruthlessly hitting people.

Still, why aren't they panicking like her, considering all the chaos that had happened in the kitchen. People, this is Hotaru Imai we are talking about. As Mikan thought about it, she finally realized that Hotaru must have made the rooms sound proof and installed with a security camera.

This explains why Hotaru knew about the chaos without other people knowing.

Mikan sighed in relief and turned around to face the kitchen. The only people left were Hotaru, Natsume Hyuuga and her.

Hotaru had sent the workers away the moment she realized that Hyuuga was planning on doing a long battle of wills. None disobeyed her of course. No one wants to end up like Mikan.

When Hotaru noticed Mikan staring at the deserted kitchen, she motioned her over, deliberately cutting off whatever remark Hyuuga was about to say.

"Mikan, you are supposed to be serving the customers."

"But Hotaru! With all the chaos happening- "

"I don't want to hear your excuses. I could fire you right now."

"You can't! Hotaru, you need me remember? You once told me that I am an important factor to your business, whatever that means."

"I know that. So why are you not serving anyone right now?"

"Eh?!"

Mikan hurried for the doors, knowing that this was her once in a lifetime moment to receive a second chance from Hotaru. She was about to escape when a hand grabbed her arm.

She looked at Natsume Hyuuga, currently holding her prisoner from going out.

"Oi, Imai."

"Quit wasting my time Hyuuga."

"Fire this idiot."

"She is my money making idiot too."

"I want her fired."

"I want her making me more money."

"You said you can fire her."

"What are you planning Hyuuga?"

"Just fire her already."

"I need compensations from the customers and money that will affect my business when I fire her."

"I can easily give you twice that money."

"How?"

"Pictures, Imai. Pictures."

"Deal."

"Good."

"Mikan, you're fired."

"See you, Polka dots."

And as Mikan watched the two evil lords who had just nonchalantly ruined her life, she couldn't stop thinking on how to live on. Who the heck is this Natsume Hyuuga?