2|

Chris walked down the stairs towards the kitchen. He found Melissa cleaning the windows with a rag. He approached her, wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her on the cheek.

"Good morning, honey." He said.

"Good morning ?" She retorted, irritated. "Really ?"

Chris frowned, confused.

"Kids threw eggs on our house last night and you think this is a good morning ?"

"I-"

She threw the rag in the trash and headed towards the refrigerator to drink a fruit juice.

"Can I at least ask you if you're okay or maybe it's not the right time ?" Chris asked.

"I'm feeling better since I'm not wearing that plaster anymore." She answered, grabbing a cup. "It was starting to smell and I didn't really like what you drew on it."

She took a sip of her juice and looked at Chris.

"No offense." She added. "Raccoons don't cheer me up."

"It was supposed to be kittens."

"Oh."

Melissa kissed him on the cheek and headed towards the door.

"I love you !" She exclaimed. "I'm going to buy some cleaning products, I'll be right back."

As she opened the door, Malia appeared.

"Bonjour !" She exclaimed with a smile on her face.

Melissa immediately turned towards Chris.

"She still needs me for her French." He explained. "Come in, Malia."

"Votre maison sent mauvais." She said, walking inside. (Your house stinks.)

"What did she say ?" Melissa asked.

"WARNINGS"

"Here's the pair you've asked for." A salesman said, approaching Stiles.

"Yeah, no, I don't think this is for me." Stiles answered. "It's too big."

Lydia nodded her head in agreement. The salesman narrowed his eyes.

"I'm not sure I understand."

"You don't have another pair designed for four-toed feet ?" Stiles asked.

The salesman's eyes widened.

"Yeah, it's a long story." Stiles added, sighing.

Lydia stopped in front of a pair of red heels at the back of the store. She grabbed them.

"No ! Stay away from me !"

She stiffened. The shoes fell on the ground.

"Lydia ?" Stiles asked, worried.

"It happened again."

"What? "

"I heard a voice."

"The little girl ?"

"No. It was someone else. I saw an old woman."