Who am i really?

Sometimes it's hard to believe your a good person, even when the people around you talk of the wonderful deeds you've done to help those you call friends, those you call family, and even those you call strangers. However your mind is swamped by tasks you failed to complete, people whose expectations you did not meet, and times when you failed and fell to their feet. "Hey do you remember that time you got shouted at in class, that's because your a failure", "or what about that one time your parents yelled at you", "the many many times you've been called stupid and ugly, fat and vile". Even though they are words from the past they linger, like your shadow they are always there, sometimes you can't see them but they are there, and when you least expect it they pounce, knock you down to a level you prayed you'd never return to. You sit alone and cry, becoming the smallest ball you can possible be and producing tears from the quietest cry. You may be upset and hurt but you don't want to wake anyone, so as always you hide. No one knows your crying, no one knows your struggling, and as the sun rises drying your tear stained sheets, you begin the day again, without a single trace or mention of the previous evening ....