Chapter 7: Creepy Warnings

Oona, Olympia, and Otis were the ones that leaned over the game, squinting down at the fresh words, as they huddled together.

"He can see you, you can't see him

If you look for his prey, you won't be able to see it."

"Huh?" Oona's voice had just raised a few, nervous octaves.

"What did it say," Opie wondered, but when he read the message his eyes were practically popping out of his head. "That doesn't sound good..."

Just then they heard a gunshot in the background, and from the shadows emerged a man, with a mustache in a proper safari hat/outfit. "I'll only reveal myself once, but I am Van Pelt. Official hunter of Jumanji, and I'll let you get a head start this one time."

"Head start," Oona confusedly asked.

Otis hissed under his breath, "Oona... I think we're the prey..."

Olympia's eyes widened along with Opie's and Oona's, and soon they were all bolting for the tube lobby.

"Wait! Shouldn't someone warn Ms. O," called out Otis.

"You're right. We'll call her on the way. I think he might just be after us," Olympia admitted, since the man casually passed the other agents in the bullpen.

Otis nodded seriously in response, all of them scrambling into each of their separate tubes. They were fortunate that there was the exact amount as their group, four. As they traveled through the earth, the whoosh of air had never sounded so nice to them, since it signaled their escape from the man hunter.

"At least we're away from all of that," Olympia spoke after they came out from behind a tree.

"I'm not sure out here is better," Otis pointed out nervously, spotting the group of monkeys reeking havoc on a few parked cars nearby. They even found a pair of keys in one and were flying off. Otis, Olympia, Oona, and Opie stared with their mouths hanging open in disbelief.

"And we still have to play this thing? If we take another turn, something could come out and destroy the world," Oona dramatically exclaimed, throwing her arm outwards for emphasis.

"But it's the only way we can stop everything. We have to keep playing," Otis seriously stated.

"I think we should find somewhere else to play," Opie told them.

"Why," Olympia questioned, confused.

"Because he's here...," he trailed off, all of them following his line of sight to none other than, Van Pelt in the distance.

"Everybody run," Otis whispered loudly under his breath.

None of them needed to be told twice as they dashed off, grateful when the murderous man didn't seem to spy them before they left.

As soon as they got settled in a quiet forest nearby, Otis carefully set the board game onto a big, flat rock. "Who's turn is it?"

Olympia gulped slightly. "I think it's mine..."

Otis shot her a weak smile as he carefully placed the dice in her hand, his finger brushing against hers. Olympia's first instinct was to blush, but she was too pale and frightened for that to be possible. She rarely got this nervous, and her hands were shaking as she let go of the two cubes, dreading the sound of them clattering onto the hard surface.

"Do you want me to read it," Otis offered, her weakly nodding her head as she stared into space.

"You can't stop us when we're on the run

Watch out, because we stop for no one."

"Why are these all creepy warnings now," shouted Oona, distress evident in her voice.

"I don't know, but something tells me we should run," Otis reacted.

"I think you're right," Opie agreed, as the ground trembled beneath them.

"Is that an earthquake," Olympia hesitantly asked, but then they saw the assortment of animals native to the jungle running towards them.

"It's a stampede," exclaimed Otis, pulling on Olympia's arm, since she was paralyzed in fear.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. (: Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thanks! <3