Chapter 11: Prepare The Canoe!

Otis and Olympia were out of breath after fending off the spiders, while Opie and Oscar had just managed to free Oona from being stuck in the floor.

"We have to keep playing...," breathed Otis, hunched over with his hands resting on his knees.

"Seriously?!" Olympia was too exhausted to think about another disaster occurring.

"He's right. The sooner we play this, the sooner we can get this over with," Oona agreed, her entire tone changed from earlier. She saw how crucial it was to complete this game now.

"Who's turn is it," Opie wondered.

Olympia let out a large sigh before answering, "Mine." She raised her hand a little before walking over to the forbidding object. No one moved as she dropped the pair of cubes, just silently waiting for the outcome.

"You might think you're safe and sound

But the place you need to be is above ground..."

"Huh?" The auburn squinted her eyes in confusion, just as a thunderous flow of water entered the floor below. "Uh oh!"

"Prepare the canoe! The big one," Ms. O suddenly shouted from next to them.

"Ms. O! Where did you come from," Otis questioned.

She shrugged before replying, "Hey, someone had to help Ocean with the plant. I wasn't about to lose another headquarters, especially with all the times with the ballcano."

They all exchanged looks with one another before she added, "Don't worry, I already sent everyone else home. Well, almost everyone..." Just then Owen had arrived underneath the canoe he was carrying upside down.

Olympia nodded her head a little, as their boss suddenly yelled, "Now get in!"

It was a bit cramped with six in this type of transportation, but they managed, Ms. O being their fearless leader as she pointed onwards.

The others fought hard to row it along, and at first everything was tranquil on the waters below, but then there was a rumbling noise.

"What's that," Ms. O hesitantly asked.

All of their mouths were hanging open when gallons of water fell from above, rocking the boat as it raced into the hall of doors.

"Stop the boat! Stop the boat," shouted Oona at the top of her lungs, even trying to paddle in the opposite direction with only her hands.

"There's nothing we can do! Odd Squad is ruined!" Ms. O was extremely unhappy, and also nervous about their current situation.

"Well, we better figure out something! We're headed for the Bottomless Pit door!" Oona was frantic as she splashed harder.

"Wait, are you saying that we'll fall for forever and ever?" Ms. O was looking at the female scientist uncertainly.

"If we don't, then we'll have to re-name that door," Oona responded.

"Who cares," exclaimed Otis, all of them yelling out as they seemed to reach the climax of the horrific experience.

Their canoe had managed to fit into the place they were trying to avoid, and now they were plummeting into infinity.

"It's my turn! Maybe I can make everything go away!" Otis had managed to grab the dice, trying his best to steady his hand as he threw them onto the board game.

Before he could see the number though, a purple plant popped out of nowhere, shooting the deadly needle-like stem out. It hit Otis directly in the neck, and he slumped over as he became unconscious.

"Otis?!" Olympia was extremely worried, but just then Oscar accidentally tipped the canoe backwards, causing everyone to slide to the opposite end. They were on the verge of falling out as Oona tried every last bit of hope to fix things, especially since there was only one word in the dark, swirling mist now.

"Jumanji...," she spoke barely above a whisper, before lightly slapping Otis's cheeks. "Otis! Please wake up! You have to say Jumanji! If you do, you win the game! If you do, this all goes away, and we'll be saved! Please! Please!" She began sobbing, as she clutched onto the front of his suit jacket.

Otis had no idea what was going on, or how he was somehow waking up mere moments away from his death, but he said just enough in a single breath, "Jumanji..."

There was a bright flash, and all Oona knew was they were no longer falling.

A/N: Whoo, so there was a a lot of suspense in that chapter, or at least I thought so. (X I hope you enjoyed it. Sadly, this story is almost coming to an end with only a chapter left and an epilogue. As always, please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3