Chapter 9: It's Tractor Time!

Oona was surprised when she didn't hear anything hitting a hard surface. She slowly re-opened her eyes, seeing that the dice had been caught into Otis's palm

"Maybe we should take this back to headquarters. That Van Pelt guy I think has left, and that way more odd won't get out," Otis explained.

"But then how did the monkeys find a way out of the lab," exclaimed Oona upset.

"They probably used the tubes...," Olympia trailed off.

"I think Otis is right. We should start heading that way," chimed in Opie.

The girls decided to agree with them, trudging near the city for the closest tube entrance, but they were shocked to see people running and screaming from the local grocery store.

"We should help them," Olympia exclaimed, rushing towards the chaos. She whipped out a Freeze-Inator that could freeze anything in place.

They soon discovered the stampede from earlier, only the animals weren't racing around anymore. Instead they were searching the aisles, eating whatever food appealed to them. The elephants were having a hay day in the peanut section, while even the monkeys had showed up, munching on bananas on a display up front.

"At least they're calm?" Olympia attempted to be positive.

"For now," Otis replied, nodding seriously once as he locked his arms behind his back.

"Wait... Is that, Oscar," Oona questioned, seeing a boy awkwardly shuffling along. "Oscar! What are you doing here?!" She was not subtle at all about the situation.

"Uh, I'm not Oscar! That's Oscar," he claimed, pointing to a box of cereal.

Otis shook his head, while Olympia rolled her eyes a little with a slight smile.

"Oscar, we know it's you," Olympia stated.

The male scientist sighed in defeat, also slumping over for a moment. "Fine. I thought I would get my mind off seeing the game again, by picking up some groceries!" He smiled positively, before it gradually fell. "And then I saw that the game was everywhere..."

"What happened here," Olympia wondered.

"What didn't happen here? There was a gigantic earthquake, and then a stampede! Luckily the animals were hungry. Otherwise, I don't know how we would have gotten out of that one," spoke Oscar.

"You know, we could really use your help," Olympia commented.

"No, no no. I'm not going anywhere near that game," Oscar emphasized. "Wait... Is that Agent Opie...?" He squinted his eyes confusedly at the boy lingering behind the trio.

"Hey Oscar... We really could use your help. You're the best person with gadgets I know," Opie said, causing Oona to clear her throat. "I mean, that I know of."

"Aw, it's okay." Oona waved it off. "Oscar's a tough act to follow. I'm lucky if people think I'm half as talented as he is."

"You are, Oona. Otherwise, I wouldn't have picked you as the new head scientist at our Odd Squad," Oscar assured her.

"Oh stop." She attempted to wave away his compliment, but she was smiling some.

"Can we get back on track? There's a plant attacking our headquarters," Otis reminded them.

"What about Ms. O," Oscar asked.

"Last time we checked she was okay, but that was awhile ago," Olympia shared.

"I have to see her. Who knows what that game could do to the squad? We need to send all the agents to safety. Of course I'm not sure if they all could fit in my secret bunker..."

"Oscar," Otis, Oona, and Olympia shouted in unison.

Oscar snapped out of his speeding train of thoughts. "Oh hey, guys. Yeah, I want to help. I'm sorry I ran off like that earlier..."

"Nah, it's okay. This is a really weird game," Oona noted.

"You know, I'm not very good with creatures, but maybe Ocean would know what to do about them," Oscar suggested.

"That's a great idea! I can't believe we never thought of it," Olympia reacted.

"Yeah, well what are we waiting for? It's tractor time!"

They all gave Oscar a strange look before he responded, "Normally my catch phrase is, I don't think I'm ready for this, which is true, but I thought a different one might be better..."

They all nodded their heads a little, just going ahead and leading the way back to headquarters.

A/N: Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you so incredibly much for reading! (: