t w e n t y - t w o.

Maybe she was crazy, maybe she was seeing things, squeezing her eyes shut she opened them again

Maybe she was crazy, maybe she was seeing things, squeezing her eyes shut she opened them again. Still here.

When she turned to run out, she was stopped by Dave.

"Please..." she whispered lowly, Dave only shook his head no. She knew that his no meant no.

"Let us explain Lay..." Her mom stood up first, and Unique followed after. Aubrey sighed, turning around, her hand placed on her big belly. She took the high road no matter what, and it was a little old.

accepting that her parents sent her off, meeting Dave, then accepting their death and everything in between. Her life was becoming a Netflix series and she was about to Hannah Baker it and hand each of these bitches their tapes. She was going to make an extra two for when the babies are born because they were stretching her to a point of no return. She might have to get a Tummy Tuck and start selling flat tummy tea.

"How did you two end up together?" Her Dad didn't care to explain, he wanted to know how they ended up in a relationship.

"She came to my store and, I mean this happened and that happened, and we happened and this happened then the rest happened" Dave used his hand to motion from her stomach, to the ring. "Now we two people happy and in love, ready to tie the knot"

Aubrey laughed at Dave, intertwining their fingers.

"Now, explain and I'm not Laysia anymore. I'm Aubrey." She corrected them, her father began talking.

"Someone sent out a hit on us. We heard it was something big, could take us out. People had turned on us, my crew got smaller and that was something we had to get over. Instead they sent men who loyalty lied with us because of what we did for their hood, we faked our death and left the U.S. for their safety. We found out the guy was dead recently, and started searching for you. We were ready to leave that shit behind anyways mija. We just didn't plan to leave you behind when we left the game." Unique explained, making Aubrey look away.

"Why did you guys keep it and me, a secret my whole life? I was so oblivious to everything around me. Dave is the one that told me. He thought y'all were trying to set him up." Aubrey crossed her arms over her chest.

"For your safety, if something like that would've happened differently, they would've come looking for you because you're our daughter. Had to think smart" Aubrey looked down at the ground, sighing.

She wanted to drop the situation, and not talk about it at all. She didn't know if she forgave her parents or not, but she knew she wanted to lock herself in her room.