Curry With A Soup Spoon

Such an intriguing title I know.

The day was long and tedious.  All Shane did was move box after box out of his car and into what will be his and Ryan's living room, before leaving to collect more once they had all been unloaded.  It was exciting at first, moving in with your best friend.  Especially when you had both put your money together and worked as many shifts as possible to get the money to move out into a small house on the outskirts of LA.

Ryan would look at the boxes that Shane bought it and put them in their corresponding places.  Once all the boxes were inside the house, they unpacked as much as they could to make the first night relativity comfortable.  They sat on the floor in the living room and played cards as they waited for the moving van to arrive and move their furniture in.  Ryan placed his cards face down when he heard his phone ring, standing up and walking into the kitchen and lent again to the counter to talk to whoever was calling.  He thanked them and hung up the phone, before carelessly throwing it onto the table and walking back to Shane.  He sighed deeply and looked up at him.
"The moving van won't be here until Thursday." He mumbled showing that he was clearly frustrated.
"That's two days away!" Shane wined,  "where are we suppost to sleep?"
"Do you have blankets?" Ryan asked quietly. Shane shook his head.
"What about a duvet of something?"
"Wouldn't fit in the cardboard box."  Ryan looked at him in disbelief.
"You didn't bring it, because it wouldn't fit in a regular sized box?"
"Ryan we spent our life savings on this house, I am not paying an extra £2.50 for the delivery of a slightly bigger box." Shane said, sitting up straight and puffing out his chest slightly as he normally did when he got defensive.
"What about you pillows?" Ryan asked, rubbing his forehead as he felt the steady increase of pressure building up behind it.
"I have small ones.  They fit in a regular box."  Shane replied
"I've bought my duvet, but it's a single so one of us will have to use blankets."  Shane nodded and stood up.
"What about food?" He asked.  Ryan pointed at his bag.
"I bought some microwave currys on the way here so we would have to wait until morning." Ryan said as he stood up, walking to the hallway, where boxes of miscellaneous items lay, waiting for the furniture that would house them.  Ryan dug through one of the boxes and pulled out some bedsheets and his duvet and going back into the living room and laying them down.  Shane emerged from what he had already claimed as his room with three small pillows in his arms.
"Do you want one or two?" He asked placing one one each side of the 'bed' they had made and looked up at Ryan.
"You have it, don't want your back to get any worse or life will make you a cripple for your 33rd birthday." Shane laughed at Ryan's dry humor, something they both shared and put the extra pillow lower down, at the top of his spine so he could walk the next day.  Ryan layed down the duvet horizontally,
"If you bring your knees up you won't get cold in the night." Shane nodded and sat down next to ryan.
"Cards?" He offered and pulled the covers over their legs, Ryan smiled.
"What do you want to play?"

After a few games, Ryan yawned and stretched.
"Do you want something to eat?" He asked looking over at shane.  Shane nodded enthusiastically.
"Nuke yours first, I'll find some cutlery." He said standing up.  Ryan opened his rucksack and smiled at the silly nickname Shane gave the action of microwaving something and put them on the counter.  He decided to put shane's in first, so he could eat it before it got cold and he found it less impractical to do it that way.  After 5 minutes the microwave beeped violently at him, only stopping when he opened the door.  He walked into the living room and gave Shane his dinner, looking weirdly at him when he saw him start devouring it with a  soup spoon.  Shane shovelled more rice into his mouth.
"It was the first thing I found and I was hungry." He stated, not even looking up at Ryan.  The smaller just rolled his eyes at him playfully and put his food in the microwave.  Once it finished 'cooking' He walked through the door and sat next to Shane.  He picked up the spoon and started eating his curry.

For the first time since they moved in, the house fell silent.  There was hardly any movement except for the action of putting some food on a spoon and lifting it to the persons mouth, being repeated again and again.  The two men sat in a house they could now call their own, eating curry with a soup spoon.

Word count: 856

It's been a while but I'm trying.