Chapter 4 - The Question

~Chapter 4 - The Question~

~Tyler~

When she came to her bedroom window I motioned for her to come outside. The look on her face seemed uncertain. I made puppy dog eyes and pouty lips. She finally gave in and nodded and I smiled at her, she rolled her eyes before she came outside.

When she finally got outside I was still grinning at her and she just rolls her eyes.

"What do you want Lockwood?" She asked

"Well, Mason I have a question for you" I said

"Ask" she says with an uncertain look in her eyes.

"Will you go on a date with me?" I ask

She looks taken aback by my question. But she says "Let me think about Lockwood."

"Okay Mason" I say with a mischievous look in my eyes

We say goodbye I watch her walk into her house as I pull out of her drive and drive away.

~~~~~~

~Emma~

"He what?!" Tessa said the next day at school when I told her what Tyler did last night.

"Tess calm down." I said

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She yelled

"Damn girl, what's got you all worked up this morning?" Tyler said

"Don't start with me Lockwood"

He holds his hands up in surrender and says "Damn okay. Who died?"

"Tyler be nice" I said

"I make no promises" he said

I just roll my eyes and go back to my lunch.

~~~~~~

By the time last period came around all I could think about was Tyler's question.

When I got home I decided to text him my answer.

Me: Yes

Tyler: Yes what?

Me: I will go out with you tomorrow

Tyler: Really?

Me: Yes

Tyler: Cool. See you tomorrow

Me: See you tomorrow (:

~~~~~~

That night I went to sleep thinking about what tomorrow would bring with Tyler Lockwood.

~~~~~~

The next day, school seemed to go by slower than usual.

Probably because I was anticipating what was going to happen with Tyler later. All of a sudden I get a text;

Tyler: Will I see you at lunch?

Me: Probably, why?

Tyler: I have a surprise. I'll meet you by you locker :P

Me: Okay weirdo

~~~~~~

I get through my first few classes. Finally.

I'm at my locker putting my books away from my last class and gathering the books for my next few classes after lunch. All of a sudden a pair of hands are covering my eyes and out of instinct I elbow the person in the stomach.

When I hear "fuck Emma, now I know not to do that" completely forgetting Tyler was going to meet me at my locker before lunch. I quickly turn around and apologize.

"It's fine I just won't sneak up on you like that anymore" he chuckles.

I chuckle, "Now where's my surprise, Lockwood?" I cross my arms over my chest and raise my eyebrow.

"Follow me" He takes my hand and pulls me away from my locker after I close it. We arrive at what I assume to be his locker. He opens it and pulls out a dress box.

"Wear this for our date later" he smiles that annoyingly adorable smile of his.

I meet his eyes and can't help but smile back at him, "fine, I'm trusting this doesn't look hideous"

He chuckles, "It's not, it's almost as beautiful as you" he looks up and smiles at me, with sincerity in his eyes. I blush and take the box and walk away.

~~~~~~