ch.1

Well, i've been meaning to do something like this for a little while, and well, here you go.

Spongebob hummed as he took his time walking to work, taking the view of the blue sky and fresh air as he made his journey, “Beautiful day, isn't is, Squiddy?” Spongebob asked the cephalopod who was walking next to him, “Yeah, too bad we have to spend it at work.” he sighed, and Spongebob just chuckled.

“Oh, it's not that bad, plus, work is fun.” he smiled, and Squidward just rolled his eyes as he pushed through the doors.

Of course, the morning was fun, he got to cook and deliver orders, and talk to the regulars that came in every few days just to eat his food, at this point, he sighed in satisfaction, staring out at the beautiful dining room, “Isn't this great?” he asked the cashier, what could go wrong.

“It’d be great if they all go home.” Squidward retorted, and Spongebob just sighed, turning around and headed back to the kitchen to check his work, where he started to hum a simple song until the orders on the grill were done.

The sponge walked out to deliver the tray of orders as the front door bells chimed, and he froze to his spot once he noticed who had just walked in. Sweat poured down the side of his face as a spongy woman with brown hair walked in, he then turned away, hoping that she hadn't seen him, but when he heard her call his name, he paused and turned around.

“Spongebob?” the woman questioned, looking over the male, and he smiled, “Ivianna?” he questioned, and she smiled, “Oh, Spongebob!” she cheered as they hugged, a little longer then it should have, she couldn't quite let go, oh, this felt familiar.

He pulled out of the hug as Squidward snatched the tray of orders from him, and started to deliver them himself, usually it would bug him, but today, he stared at her, she’d changed a little since the last time he’d seen her, but how much? He didn't know.

“So, How’ve ya been?” she asked as she ran her hands down the length of his arms, and he shrugged, “Oh, ya know, trying to make a living, you? Gosh, I haven't seen you since high school, how are things?” he asked, and she smiled, shrugging, “Oh, I could be better, I guess.”

“Better? Why, what's wrong?” he asked, “are you homeless, do you need help?” he asked, and she laughed shaking her head, “Oh, no, i'm staying at this apartment, and I came to get some lunch, I didn't expect to see you here, you look grown.” she admitted, and he just blushed, “Well, I am a man, now, and you, wow, you look even more gorgeous than before.” he nodded, it was her turn to blush.

“Come, i was just about to go on my break.” he said as he lead her to an empty table, she sighed, looking around the building, “So, this is where you went.” she said, and he cocked his brow, “What do you mean?” he asked, and she shrugged.

“Well, no one's seen you since two weeks after prom, some folks said that you’d died, or, whatever.” she shrugged, and he smiled, “Well, here I am, all in one piece, they kicked us out.” he informed her, “Kicked you out? Why?” she asked, and he just pointed to his head, and she just nodded, deciding to drop the subject, it was a road that they didn't want to go down.

“Can I ask you something?” she asked him, and he hesitated to answer, sipping on a drink, he nodded, “Is it weird that I miss you?” she asked, and his heart stopped, he sighed, placing his drink down, “No, why would it?” he lied, and she shrugged, not wanting to answer that question.

Ivy sighed, closing her eyes, “I'm sorry.” she softly spoke, loud enough for him to hear, “Wh, what?” he asked, she shook her head before she looked up at him, “I said i'm sorry, you know, for how things ended between us.” she said, and he sighed, scratching his head.

“Uh, no need to apologize for that, you had your reasons, I honestly almost forgot about it.” he admitted, and she just stared at him, “Really?” She asked, she wasn't sure if she should be hurt or happy about his answer.

Spongebob shrugged, glancing off to the side, “Well yeah, i mean, I can't stay mad about something that happened fifteen years ago, so whatever happened between us, it's all just a fling of the past, it was nice at first, almost didn't want to forget, like that time at the mall.” he smiled, and she chuckled, brushing her hair out of her face.

“Yeah, I liked that memory too.” she agreed, and he sighed, smiling at the memory before he snapped out of it, looking at her brought back so many memories, both good, and bad, “Alright, Ivy, I gotta get back to work.” he said as he stood up, “Thanks for the chat.” she smiled, and he smiled back and turned away.

“Spongebob?” he heard her call his name again, he hesitated to turn around, but knew he had to, didn't want to be rude, she walked up to him, scribbling something down on a piece of paper, “Here, call, or, text me when you get the chance, it was really nice seeing you again, and I want to see you again, do you mind going out for lunch, or, dinner tomorrow?” she asked him.

“uh.” he hesitated, wanting to reject her offer but that face she made, he sighed, “sure, why not, here let me give you my number.” he said as he gave her an old receipt with his number on it before she jumped on him for a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Spongebob stood frozen at his spot as he watched her leave, raising his hand to his cheek where she’d kissed him, he then looked away, biting his lip before he turned around to go into the kitchen.

He then slid down against the back of the door and covered his face with his hands before bringing his knees to his face as a few tears couldn't help but to fall from his face, he sniffled, wiping his face before he stood up, looking at the number that she’d given him, gritting his teeth, he crushed it in his hand before throwing it in the trash.

He didn't have time to deal with this, he had things to do, he didn't have time, to think of things that's happened when he was a kid... you can read about Ivy in 'childhood chapters 10-20'