ch.7

Spongebob sighed as he sat in his chair, flipping through his old highschool yearbook, he stared at the pages that held their faces, him and Ivy were standing beside each other, her kissing the side of his face, they had been voted cutest couple their junior year, and would have been for their senior year but.. things never go as planned.

He looked to a couple lose polaroid photos that he'd hidden in the book, pictures of her and him when they were still together, he smiled picking one up, it was a picture they'd taken at a fair. That could have possibly been one of the best nights he'd ever had, they'd walked around going on all kinds of rides together, ate so much food that they thought they'd throw up.

In the picture she was holding up the camera while her other arm was wrapped around him, holding several stuffed animals, a couple different foods on a stick, and several visible kiss marks over his face.

Spongebob laughed putting the photo away to pick up another, picking through a few, one where they at beach together both in their swimwear, surrounded by their friends, he was a normal kid, he'd often wonder what went wrong, if things would have been different if he'd left a few minutes late.

Or if Ivy was in the boat with them, would she have died? Would she have lived and have forgotten about him? What if she was a live but never opened her eyes? Would he have been able to do it? Or would he have done the same thing she did?

What if it were her instead? And you seen her like that, and you thought she was going to die because that's what everyone kept saying. Would you have been pulled into another woman's arms? Just like her?

Tears started to drop down onto the photos of them, so much in love, he could never bring himself to throw them away. Spongebob wiped his eyes, "Meow?" "Huh?" Spongebob looked at Gary, "Oh, its you, yeah.. I'm fine, just, this room is so stickin dusty." he sniffled, he couldn't fool anyone if he tried, why even try to hide it, he was sad, and heartbroken, he knew he shouldn't have slept with her, he knew this would happen.

It was as if she had left again, well she did, because he didn't ask her to stay, like he should have, no, he did the right thing, she wasn't the one for him, she was all just a bad memory, even the good parts, were a nightmare.

"Meow?" Gary stared at him, knowing what was going through his mind, Spongebob sighed, "Yeah, its her.. Im such an idiot, ya know? I shouldn't have let her in." he shook his head, "Meow." Spongebob nodded, "Yeah, I still love her, but she isn't the one, do you think I was too hard on her?" he asked, looking to his snail.

"Meow." Gary answered, "I was? Maybe you're right, well it doesn't matter now, she's gone." he said as he laid his head on his hand, he sighed looking back at the pictures, "It better this way, maybe now I can finally move on." he said as he closed the book before he stood up and stretched.

"Meow?"

Spongebob turned back to his snail and smiled, "I'm just going out for a little while, maybe get a few drinks, don't worry I wont stay out too late." he said as he'd started to fix his tie, throwing on a jacket and taking his keys.

"One please." Spongebob held a finger up to a bartender,"You new here?" Spongebob looked towards his right to the girl who was sitting beside him, he'd almost gone speechless at how beautiful this girl was, she just so happened to be another sponge, but with a rounder face like a normal sponge would look, and she had orange hair, why she was talking to him? Was beyond him.