ch.2

Ch.2

Spongebob sighed as he slowly made his way down the isles, putting whatever he needed in his cart, “hmm, paper towels, check, dish soap, uh, check, kelp o’ uh..” he looked into his basket to find the item missing, he just smiled looking up at the wall of cereal and grabbing a box to read to back.

That was until he glanced up and seen someone standing a few feet ahead of him, she wasn't even looking at him, it was like she didn't even know he was there, and so maybe, if he slowly turned away and walked away real quiet like, she wouldn't notice.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!” said a random fish as Spongebob had turned around, having almost run into them, “Sorry sir, i'm just-”

“Spongebob?” Ivy softly called to him, and he sighed, mentally shaking his head, before she turned him around to face her.

“Oh, Hey Ivy, I didn't even know you were here!” he smiled, and she just shrugged, “Why haven't you called me?” she asked him, and he blinked, “Um, I sorta, lost your number at work, as i cooking and-” “Well, you could have answered my calls, or text messages.” she put on a small smile.

“Calls? Text messages, I never got them.” he shook his head, of course he lied, of course he got them, he’d just send her to voicemail, and delete her messages, maybe he should have left her on read.

“Oh, well I used the number you gave me.” she said, and he sighed under his breath, “I must’ve been busy when you called.” he smiled, taking out his phone to check her messages, he sighed, seeing that she’d left ten different messages this morning, all asking if they could somehow see each other.

‘Would you like to go out to dinner with me some time? I'm buying..’ he read, looking up at her after he’d read the text, “Well?” she asked him, and he shrugged, it’d be rude of him not to accept her offer, and he didn't want to be rude, what would mother say?

“Dinner? Um, how about some coffee instead? I know this real great spot not too far down from here.” he informed her as he pointed his thumb behind him, and she nodded, “Yeah, that’d be great.” she laughed, sure, it wasn't something as romantic as dinner, or whatever, it was just coffee, and cake, and really, she’d take whatever she could get.

“What time?” she asked him, and he paused for a second to think, preferably never, come on Sponge, don't be like that, she just wants to be friends, and catch up. It's not like it's a date, or anything, just be nice, “Well, I could go for lunch right about now, so, how about, we can meet up at the place in about an hour or so, just gotta get home, and put this stuff away, and-”

“An hour? That's all I need, thank you, Spongebob.” she said as she hugged him, she pulled out a few seconds later, her hands still on his shoulders, “I’ll see you in one hour, ok?” she said, glancing at his lips for a second before turning away.

Spongebob sighed, watching as she left the aisle, looking down at his feet, he rubbed his head,before he left to check out, he could get the rest of the stuff later, because right now, he just wanted to get home.

Spongebob sighed as he stood in the gym, staring down the line of students who were in line to get their schedules. Patrick was standing at his side, looking around the gym for any new, and familiar faces when his eyes caught sight of a girl who was looking in his direction, no, not His direction, he turned his head to his best friend and smiled.

“Hey buddy,” he elbowed the sponge in his ribs, having Spongebob groan, “Oh, Pat, what was that for? Mm, what do you want?” he asked, and Patrick chuckled, “I think you have a fan.” he smirked as he gestured behind him.