Chapter 14 (Final)

"Yuka, Nana!" Nao's voice called out, "There you are!"

"Nao!"

Nao hugged Mako tightly. "Thank goodness you're okay..."

"Where are the others? Where's Natsuki-nee-san?"

"One of the hunters found Natsuki-san! She's fighting her right now, but she's hurt! Tomu's gone to help her, but.. I'm worried!"

"I knew it... Hunters."

"What should we do?!"

"Tomu said we needed to go to the roof... but I feel like Natsuki-san is in danger."

"Don't worry! Natsuki-san will be fine!" Yuka insisted. "Let's go find everyone else. We'll get them to safety on the roof and then look for Natsuki-san and Tomu!"

"Alright! Let's hurry!"

---------------------

"J-san~? Where are you~?" Marika called out, "Anyone~?"

On the other side of the hallway, Madoka could hear her friend's voice.

"Marika?" She then called out, "Marika! I'm here!"

"Madoka-chan?!"

Marika ran down the hall, seeing her friend. They dashed down to meet each other in the middle.

"I'm so happy I found you!" Marika cried as she hugged her friend's waist.

"Jeez, you wanna break my back?!"

"Ah... sorry."

"Hello~" Natsumi waved at her, making Marika confused.

"Hey, you're that girl from before..."

"Natsumi, let's go. The others are probably waiting for us," Akari whispered, but the other girl just ignored.

"Marika..." Natsumi repeated. "You remember me?"

"Uh, yeah? Kinda, anyways."

"Weeeeeeell," Akari then grabbed Natsumi's wrist, dragging her. "This was FUN, but we gotta go!"

As she turned around, she yelped as she came face to face with someone. However, she and Natsumi recognized the person.

"Rena-san?"

"Yo."

"Yo!"

"What are you doing here?!"

"I'm actually here for you girls. I forgot to mention something."

"Eh?"

"There's a rare phenomena that occurs every four years that's been rumored to happen tonight. If you go to the roof, you should see it right at the stroke of midnight."

"Eh..?"

Rena smiled and waved goodbye to the girls as she walked down the hall.

"Hey, hey, Akari, let's go see it! I wanna see it!"

"What?!"

"Let's go! Let's go to the roof and see it," Natsumi spoke like an excited child. She tugged Akari's arm, eventually beginning to drag the girl towards the staircase.

"Oh, alright! Just stop tugging!"

Madoka and Marika watched them in confusion, not sure of what to do.

"Should we... leave?"

"I-I guess. We can just go home... once we find our way out."

"How will we do that?"

Marika pondered for a bit.

"Ah! I'll know! We'll go find J-san! Maybe she can help us!" Marika grabbed her friend's hand, pulling her down the hall. "Let's go!"

"Hold on! Who's J-san?!"

------------------------

Natsuki was desperately trying to outrun the hunter, her hand still bleeding. The bullets flew past her as she ran up the stairs, trying to find everyone.

"Nana?! Mako?! Where is everyone..?"

"Natsuki-san!"

She then saw an approaching figure coming her way, it was Tomu."Tomu!"

"Natsuki-san... your hand!" Tomu's eyes widened as she saw the older vampire's bloody hand. "Did the hunter do this?!"

"Tomu, we have to run!" Natsuki urged as the hunter was drawing closer to them.

"Find one of your friends?!" Karen called out.

"Go!" Natsuki and Tomu dashed off, Karen following close behind them with a tight grip on her gun.

"Just follow them... and I'll find them all."

Meanwhile...

Nao was searching for Mako and the others, when she happened upon the school's music room. The room was covered in dust, and overgrown vines were seeping through the windows, threatening to get inside.

Nao saw a grand piano in the center of the room, standing in the open as if waiting to be played. Nao brushed the tips of her fingers on the dusty keys before playing a chord.