chapter two

Jumper  looked over to see Race he was now buttoning his shirt, he missed a button causing Jumper to go and fix it, laughing softly. " I ain't helpin' ya each time Race." She told him  He looked down at the girl, since she was a short thing, even Spot Conlon is taller then her and nods. "Albert, Elmer, Specs! You heard Jack let's get s move on!" He yelled. Jumper covered her ears, she scolded the boy, punching him in the shoulder. "Sure make me deaf why don't ya!" She hissed. He looked down at her with a smirk, placing his cigar back into his mouth. "I was having' the most wonderful dream. My lips is still tinglin'." Albert said with a sigh. Race took the cigar out of his mouth, nudging the other boy with his elbow. "Ohh a pretty girl?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "A leg...of lamb." Albert replied. Jumper started laughing at them. "Pipe down goil or I'll soak ya." Albert said in a playful tone, raising his fists. "Please I'd like to see ya try." She taunted back, Albert playfully swung at her "Hey don't hurt the goods!" Race said teasingly. Albert rolled his eyes, taking the cigar out of Race's hand.

"Hey that's my cigar!"

Race started looking at the boy, disbelief shining in his crystal blue eyes.

" You'll steal another."

Albert responded, placing it between his lips. Specs walked out, Henry a bit behind him, a towel wrapped around his waist and shaving cream on his chin. Jumper rolled her eyes.

" Hey looks it's bath time at the zoo."

Jumper joked. Specs looked over at her with a grin.

" I thought that I'd surprise my mother."

Henry said, looking at the four of them then out at New York.

" If you can find her."

Albert said leaning on the railings. He held Race's cigar in his hand. All the Newsies came down some still on the fire escape but most on the street.

" Who asked you?!?"

They all yelled at him including Jumper. "Papes ain't movin' like they used to. I gotta find a new sellin' spot. Any ideas?" Albert asked Race, Finch and Jumper .

" From Bottle Ally to the Harbor
There's easy pickings guaranteed."

A girl's voice sang but it wasn't Jumper. She looked over the side to see a girl with golden blonde hair and Crystal blue eyes. "Ah Katie!" Jumper yelled and waved her hand. The girl smiled back and waved, coming up. She almost looked like a female version of Race. 

" Try any banker, bum or barber."

Finch sang out. Jumper lightly hit his stomach with the back of her hand as she sang.

"They almost all knows how to read."

Albert nodded as if he didn't think of anything like that, cause let's face it, he didn't. Jack and Crutchie walked down the stairs. Katie grinned at the two boys, they were basically her brothers.

" It's a crooked game we're playin'
One we'll never lose
Long as suckers keep payin'
Just to get bad news."

Jack sang as he buttoned his vest up. Jumper  straightened her cap, looking over to Jack.

" Ain't it a fine life!
Carrying the banner through it all
A mighty fine life!
Carrying the banner tough and tall."

They all sang together. Jumper smiled, looking around at the Newsies singing and dancing.  Jumper and Crutchie took the longest to catch up since she won't leave the boy.