07

little author's note:

hi there. i haven't updated in quite a while. to be honest, i don't have much of an excuse. i just lost interest, i guess? but omg almost 1k reads. i really want to write this book now, i just can't believe it like people like my book ya know?!?!?!!

so here is the long awaited update, ily guise. i will try to make this chapter as long as i possibly can, without making it too long, if you get whut i mean loool.

-arielle :)

I slowly open the front door, trying to make sure it didn't creak. It was now precisely 7:12, according to my watch.

I quietly and quickly walk up about five steps, until Mom stops me. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Uh, to my room.." I respond. She glares. Hey, it's the truth.

"Did you give Laney her meds?" I quickly nod, knowing I didn't.

"Okay, why was this jacket in the closet?" She holds up Luke's jacket. I take it. "Um, well it's mine, it's a new trend, Mom. Yeah oversized jackets, totally." I reply, hoping she'd buy it. And I mean the lie, not the jacket.

She sighs defeated. "Well, I'm going to bed. Thanks for giving Laney her meds." She says walking upstairs, looking worn out.

I shrug it off, and go into my room, plopping down on my bed. I put Luke's jacket on my chair, and put on my pajamas.

I stare out my window, wishing I had a balcony. He could just climb up here, retrieve his jacket, confess to his love for me, and decide that I looked cute in his jacket and should keep it.

But that sounds cheesy as fuck.

I pick up his jacket, and try it on. It's oversized on me, and smells like, I'm not even sure of the name of the scent. It just smells nice, let me tell you that.

I take out my phone, and roll up the sleeves on his jacket. "sorry, keeping your jacket." I text Luke, and wait for a response.

Literally a minute later, my phone buzzes. "Oh well." He responds.

"i'm glad you understand, it just looks better on me, ya know? I know u loved it but, some things just aren't meant to be." I press send, and plug my phone in it's charger, laying on my back on my bed.

"Yup ok :-)" he replies.

I put my phone on my nightstand, and drift off to sleep.

-

I wake up, turning on my phone to check the time. 11;32 A.M. Eh, it's still early.

I fall back asleep, until I hear Mom vacuuming in the hallway.

"Really?" I yell, even though only I can hear. I open my bedroom door, to reveal my mom vacuuming the floor by the bathroom.

"Mom, why are you vacuuming so early on a Saturday in the summer?!" I ask annoyed. "Sorry, I didn't know 12:45 was too early for you, Sleeping Beauty." She replies still vacuuming. I groan and step into the bathroom, looking in the mirror.

My hair sticks up, and my makeup is smudged. Haha, very funny Mom, Sleeping Beauty. I try to brush through my hair but I eventually give up and put it in a ponytail.

"I have to go to work around two, can I trust you to give Laney her meds around 2:45? This will probably be the last time you need to, I'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow to see if she's improved." She pretty much yells, since the vacuum is still on. I nod, while my conscious says "no".